Became light sleeper 3rd trimester

Hi all I’m currently 35w. Used to be a deep sleeper and can sleep for long hours but recently as I’m getting more and more pregnant, noticed that I’m unable to sleep for long 😅 And I tend to wake up easier too. Slight noises and movements will wake me up. Compared to last time I’m almost dead asleep kind. Is anyone the same like me? Just wondering.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Had the same upon entering 3rd trimester and still having it now (37 wks). Due to frequent urinate, baby movements, uncomfortable sleeping position as my bump getting in the way. Usually will get few naps here and there during the day but overall still not sufficient 😅 Its common for us preggers to get sleeping insomnia at this period. We are almost there and we got this, momma.

Read more

Yes you have a friend here! 😆 I will toss and turn in the middle of the night trying to find a comfortable position but nothing feels right. Mind is tired but body is wide awake. And my 4 yr old will find her way to my bed in the middle of the night and sleep under my armpit which at this point so I’ll get a wee bit annoyed as I need my space😓😓

Read more

Same here.. started having really bad insomnia in third tri (now week 37). I take it as practice training for when baby arrives haha. Thankfully just got granted HL so compensating with daytime naps to survive

You will turn into no-sleeper once entering the fourth trimester 🥹