Early Leave Before Giving Birth

Hi all. Can I check how do you all planned your leave before giving birth? I got questioned about when I am going on leave and if I am going to take leave before giving birth. I'm week 37+ now.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

For my first pregnancy, I planned to take annual leave from a specific day prior to my EDD because my work is quite tough physically. Aside from the days of planned medical appointments (took 1 day MC), I applied for annual leave to cover my absent days. However, because I delivered a week prior to my EDD, I changed those days to ML from thr date of delivery.

Read more
TapFluencer

I planned my c-sec and started my ML on the day of c-sec, so I've 4 months start from the day my boy is born Some mummies want to have more time after deliver so they will take later and some needs more time to rest before deliver, so it's depend on individual I've also colleague only take 1 month ML after deliver and keep her ML for later date

Read more
VIP Member

You can start your ML as early as 4 weeks prior to your EDD. This is what I did. However, if your pregnancy is not complicated and want to have more time with your LO after giving birth, you can start after delivery (for planned c-sect) or maybe just a week before your EDD.

VIP Member

Maternity leave can start 2 weeks prior ypur EDD if u choose to rest. If not u can start when u give birth. For myself i ask my gynae for Hospitalisation leave 1 week before to rest

4y ago

Thomson medical! Under dr jasmine

VIP Member

It depends on your company policy. It’s best to discuss with your immediate boss on work allocation and assignments

Super Mum

My company told me I can only start my maternity leave on the day I give birth... Hence I did not plan anything.

4y ago

@feifei your company didn't follow MOM rules. No such thing only can start your leave on the day you give birth.

For all these we need a understanding Management and Good HR.. who can understand our situation and copertae with us.

4y ago

I'm from HR and my MD rejected my 1 week Hospitalisation Leave and convert it to NoPayLeave😒

I say soon, cuz I remember taking leave at 38 weeks

VIP Member

I took ML 4 weeks in advance + 2 weeks HL

VIP Member

Start to take leave around week 38.