I am giving birth on the 2 week of Nov. I am living with my family. My father is going China for holiday for a week during my delivery week. My mother is going for her holiday too at the end of Nov. Haiz I just feel I am so alone during the critical moments. My husband is busy with his work and can't take much leave. Only the 2 week entitled leave for daddy.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello, big hugs about the situation. my husband also took the usual 2 weeks and my parents visited once or twice and my in-laws came several times a week just to see baby for a while. i must say that you must engage a confinement lady. ok, it is not must but highly recommend u to do so. need to bath baby. newborns need to drink about every 2-3hrs so it also means throughout the night 2-3 hrly u need to wake up, feed, change diaper, and then v fast it is time for the next feed. so I would say that you should get a CL to help u if u really can't find one, then get a night nanny (almost equally expensive) so that u have the chance to rest otherwise u really no chance to rest which is terrible during confinement. if u really cannot find one, then i would advise u to order confinement food delivery at least, engage a part-time cleaner to come clean ur house 2 times a wk (there will be a lot to wash for baby too). jiayou! my CL was only with me for 3 wks and last wk i had food delivered and husband at home to help. it will be very tough and i am quite a garang person usually

Read more

Big hugs mommy! Do u have a Confinememt lady? U need to stay positive and tell yourself that everyone actually still loves you. I have been through the similar situation and I tell you we can get pretty emotional after delivery. My Confinememt lady was a chatty one so I felt better otherwise my husband is working overseas so I saw him for less than two weeks and I was left alone. I was alone with the confinement lady most of the time altho my family visits me often. Tell your close frens and your family that u need their emotional support. I am sure they will be more than ready to be there for you but u must think positive

Read more
8y ago

I will have a diy confinement. I know it going to be tough for me to handle alone. I don't know if I can pull it through.

U can do it! My hb got only 1 wk of paternity and he didn't take the 1 wk together. Cause we wanted to save it for the lo injection. I do not have confinement lady. N my mum only come like 12-6pm to deliver my food n to help a while .... but being nb, most of the time bb is slping ... n I did not attend any prenatal class :) it would be gd to get someone to help in ur food .. be it ordering confinement food or just normal tingkat? I did not engage any maid etc too... I'm doing well, bb is doing well... if I can survived u can too!

Read more

Hey, Do not worry at all. You have pulled through all these months and the last few days would also go by. Have faith and confidence in yourself, and trust you will do it all pretty well. I suggest, if you have close friends around, call them to be by your side at this time. And believe me in two weeks time leave that your husband will get, you will be pretty much rolling back. Also, engage a confinement lady as with her being around, most of the things of the baby will be taken care of, and you will get time to yourself relax.

Read more
VIP Member

Hey mummy! *hugs. Why not get a tingkat caterer to help with at least one of your meals? I got tingkat caterer for my lunch. I had no choice because my little girl dont really sleep during her first month. she can have her activity time for 12hours straight