Hospitalisation Leave before ML

Hi mummies, FTM here. Im thinking of getting Hospitalisation Leave like 3 weeks before giving birth/Maternity leave. Usually how does HL works? Doe they give you 2-3 weeks first ? And if you have not given birth, theyll give you another HL ? At which week did you get/start your HL and for how long is your HL before your Maternity leave ? I know it depends on gynae if theyre lenient or not. #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

HL is not an entitlement so not all mom got it. It depends on ur gynae and u'll have higher chance if u're with a private hospital gynae and with a certain medical condition. I had 4 wks HL prior to birth due to asthma and my job as a pri sch teacher aggravates it tt caused me to have more frequent attacks. I was with Parkway East and gynae gave me HL in blocks of 2 weeks. Another colleague of mine didn't even get HL even though she had asthma and gynae only gave MC for a few days. She was with KKH private. So really depends on ur gynae.

Read more

Baby decided to arrive earlier than expected so I only took a few days before my planned c section 😅