Water intake

Hi, I am 9 weeks pregnant. I can't drink plain water at all. I take a sip I feel like vomiting. Any solution to this?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was like that too up till now i am in my 19 weeks. I used to love drinking plain water pre-pregnancy but thinking of it now makes me want to throw up what more drinking it. My solution, i keep a bottle of water at work and home and make myself take small sips in intervals. And of course, take in other liquids like milk, juice, milo. Oh.. i added abit of ribena in my plain water if i really cant take it.

Read more
5y ago

Hope it works for u! Gd luck!

The following are the healthy alternatives to plain water: Sparkling water (try squeezing in some fresh citrus fruit for flavor) Pasteurized skim milk Pasteurized soy and almond milk (barring any allergies) Freshly squeezed or pasteurized juices (juice has a lot of sugar, so drink in moderation) Coconut water Herbal iced tea (no caffeine) Decaf coffee

Read more

Same as me when i was on my first trimester. But whatever it is just try to sip on anything. As long as your body gets the liquid. It will get better as time goes by.

I had that same issue too when i was in first trimester. I felt better after eating durian, but it depends on each individual's.

VIP Member

Maybe u can try to put lemon slice into your water? Or some berries so that the water is more tasty and not plain :)

Make fruit infused water , try with some berries/grapes/orange. Plain/warm water was yucky to me too!

VIP Member

Drink other fluids or put lemon. As Long as there’s fluid intake, better than none

TapFluencer

I had this too. Have you tried ice water with a slice of orange or lemon?

Infuse fruits veg Add abit of syrup if u like sometimes for flavour

Adding some honey or lemon might help get rid of the plain taste.