My husband often raises his voice to me and use his finger to point me angrily. I felt no love from him anymore. What should I do? I have told him that I am his wife and he should not do this to me. He was saying "I DONT CARE"! I am tired with this marriage, honestly.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I am in an exact position as you. Just that my husband uses all sorts of profanities on me even in front of the kids. Time and time again i felt like giving up. But i told myself i can't as my kids are still young. He is NOT capable of handling them himself (he still depends on his family for caretaking while im away) Give yourself time to cool down. What i do is, i ignore him whenever we are home. We are working together so during work we are colleagues, i try not to bring family issue to work. Ignore. Settle things, faster go sleep. Just ignore.

Read more
8y ago

I understood. Lucky we dont work together but yeah, we would hve to work it out together. When he raises his voice, i felt like just giving up, but i cant with a child now. I have to commit with this otherwise my child will be the one suffering. Life's hard when u chose the wrong guy.

Was he like this before the marriage? May we know what trigger all this hostility? There must be a chain of events that broke the marriage somehow. If you can find the root cause and talk about it, there is a way to untie this knot. Know that each party has their own side of story. What you see him as being hostile, he see you as pushing him to the limit. All this fault finding is not helpful, we should try to find those knots and untie them.

Read more

Both of you need some calming down space. Afterwhich, a talk to express your emotions. Do you have kids? If you have kids, its a total different ball game all together. Many factors to consider. How long have you been married?

8y ago

yes, married for 1.5 years and have a baby.

Wad trigger his anger? Was he like this before? Maybe during a day when both is calm and good mood, sit down and have a casual chat. Try bring back the sparks too.

8y ago

he said he doesnt like that i speak loud to him during our conversation which i didnt. He is a sensitive and pessimist guy anyway. We are trying to work it out again. Thank you!

Try a short term seperation and see how you both feel by being away from each other? I always feel that somethings distance makes the heart grow fonder.

8y ago

short term separation is impossible but we are trying to work it out again. Thank you!

Do u have children ?

8y ago

yes, 1. barely a year old.