How to sooth overtired baby? My 1 month lo refuse to sleep during day time and she wants to be held whole day and suckle on my breasts like almost all the time. When it comes to night time she was too tired and usually will cry like mad. she will cry until whole body red and hands and legs will shake. I try to put her on my breast but ahe refuse and keep on crying. What to do

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Your daughter is only one month old - think of it this way, she spent 9 months being in a dark, warm womb close to you and then suddenly she's brought into a HUGE, bright world with loud sounds and noises. It's real easy to overstimulate a newborn, and thus they get tired easily too! It takes time to build a routine and takes time for her to adjust to things too - get her to understand the concept of day and night first, dim the lights and reduce the stimulations (eg. lights, sounds, activities) so that'll help letting her know that night time is for sleep. In the day time, she's likely to want to stick to you for the whole day - being in your arms or at least close to you - you're the only familiar person she is closest to! You can spend time just lying down and playing with her in the day, then do "cool down routines" to ease her into the sleeping mode - they don't need stimulants like music, sounds, lights, toys or anything like that until 4-6 months old so you can just spend time snuggling with her! To help you get the rest you need, breastfeed in a comfortable position and sleep when LO sleeps :)

Read more
VIP Member

try baby wearing. newborn are still getting used to the outside world so baby will like to be close to you so that she can hear your heartbeat and smell you, as baby is growing at an exponential rate, constant suckling gives her comfort too. it is not uncommon that a breastfed baby do cluster feeding during the earlier weeks and months after birth. baby wearing helps a baby to nap better. you can also start a routine already so that baby knows what is to be expected. keep room dark and cool and quiet during nap time. also evening crying can be due to colic, check whether baby is bloated. if so, doing some cycling exercise, offering rid wind and probiotics drops can help baby to feel comfortable. carry baby over your shoulder and burp often to expel wind.

Read more
VIP Member

I can understand what you are going through. To care for an infant and you need lots of rest too. You may want to try swaddling your baby. She will feel that you are cuddling her. When putting her to sleep, you may want to place your used shirt that have your smell near her so that she knows you are still ard her. This was advised by my mum and it helps. You just got to do whatever deem fit to have the much needed rest. Good luck! 😉

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-28843)

VIP Member

try to get into a routine for baby. Even it's one month old. And could it be colic too?

Read more

When she is being held, does she slp in the day time ?

Baby is a month old. give baby and yourself sometime.