How do you rekindle the flame of love for your husband? Most of our time is spent taking care of the kids, so we really don't get to spend much quality time together. I fear that this might take a toll on our marriage. Any suggestions for improving our relationship?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All couples go through this phase. My kid is 5 year old and I suddenly feel that I feel love for my husband and care for him but do not want to express it. He, too, over the period of time has become less expressive. We hug each other when he is back from office and when he leaves and that kind of communicates it all. I know, it make life dull and boring, so what we do is, we go out a lot. Any weekend that is free, we go on a little holiday kind of thing. New environment, both of us together dealing with same things in the same environment in our own different ways makes it interesting, funny, learning, seem stupid. It becomes like doing an activity together. And we generally drive through our own car, and that in itself gives us more time to spend with each other. I guess, you people can join some activity where you both are involved, may be, dance form, or can try some adventure sport. http://liveboldandbloom.com/04/relationships/how-to-rekindle-your-relationship http://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/5-ways-to-rekindle-the-spark-in-your-relationship_b_7918976 http://www.glamour.com/gallery/rekindling-the-romance-9-secrets-to-keeping-the-spark-in-your-relationship-even-when-you-live-together

Read more

Hi Cindy! :) i answered a quite similar question to this earlier.. My tips are basically how to give more time for your hubby which will make him feel more affection from you and reciprocate your efforts. I'll share my answer to her here too! This has been a problem of mine as well. We have 2 attention demanding girls and are both busy doing work & business. It took a lot of arguments before I realized this issue. What I did was: -did a daily sched squeezing in a few mins for us to get nosy about each other's day -suggested that we always have to cook meals together -we sometimes set a movie date at home(download movies& cook our snacks) -we run errands together -i took the time to learn and develop interest in his work and converse w/ him about it -i confide with him and encourages him to do the same -i even suggested a "we time" every friday which I adopted from (not sure which of these two) Bo Sanchez/Chinkee tan. Often,it is dinner dates -As much as I'm able, I encourage hubby to join me in my morning prayers. We do most of these when the kids are sleeping. I hope these few tips help! :)

Read more

They say that it's the little things that matter. And I believe it's true. When our daughter was born, I noticed that most of my time was given to our little bundle of joy. Though hubby didn't complain about it, I did my best to let him know that I still love and care for him. What are those little things that a wife/husband/couple can do? Say "I love you" not just everyday but every time you have the Say "please" when you request for something and "thank you" when an act of love is done to and for you. Bear hugs and kisses do wonders too. Send him/her a text telling him/her how grateful you are for him/her and for the thing he/she does while he/she is in the office. Give him:her a back rub or simple foot massage when he/she comes home. Prepare a special dinner for him/her. When the children are asleep, get a bucket of popcorn, sit in front of your tv and together watch your favorite movie. Little things, right? But they will do wonders to your marriage life. Hope this helps. :)

Read more

Hi Mommy, don't worry, it wont take a toll on your marriage if both of you understand your situation. I will tell you my story, and after all the hardships, we still have flame of love. Hope this helps! My husband and I are not living together (for now) since we lost our home after the big fire incident last year. My daighter and I are now living with my parents and my husband is at his parents rented house since it is near his work place. My husband will go to us every weekends only and if we're together. we're busy taking care of our daughter. But still, Im not worried, as it is one of the things that we do that will make our realationship grow. While baby is sleeping, that is the only time that we get to tease each other, talk, watch movie together, eat snacks, hug and kiss. Those are just simple things, but a big factor for both of us, knowing that we still love each other deeply . :)

Read more

I am in the same situation as you, spending more attention on my kids than my husband. What I do to maintain relationship with my husband is we set a bi-weekly dating e.g. simple dinner, movie date, jogging together and etc. For me, I am glad that my MIL is able to help me to take care of kids at night after they go to bed and thus we are able to go out for a short date. If you do not have additional member to help with kids for you and husband to go out, you can actually park your kid at your friend or neighbor house, which is what my friend is doing too.

Read more
VIP Member

-Saying ' i love you " daily -Morning and goodnight kiss And some romance perhaps once a month a staycation . Or during weekends try to plan some date out while leaving kids with their grandparents. Take the opportunity to date each other put and make time for both. Surprise your partner once in awhile with special food. And if there is chance when kids are asleep , talk to each other as if you just met each other or watch some online drama or movie.

Read more

From a man's perspective, I would say the sex is the utmost importance. It's that part of the relationship we miss the most. When the baby comes in to the picture, sex come to a standstill. And then it becomes "when we can squeeze in time" then it becomes routine to "do duty". Once that spark is lost, the marriage is in danger of falling apart.

Read more

Know your husband's love language. For example, his love language is "act of service", do at least 1 thing for him daily. It won't take much of your time, but your husband will still feel loved.

You know it all, so do take out time for just two of you. Let there be days when someone else babysit the kids, and you two have the whole time to yourselves.

Love is a daily choice. Nothing happens by accident. If you want romance, you have to make it happen. You have to make time for you two.