How many of you have contemplated leaving your spouse, and what made you think about it?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I contemplated leaving my fiancee and did!! Guess if he graduated to be my husband I would still do the same. So when the rosy love affair crossed 6 months and things were official, we got to meet his parents.. His mum appeared to be the shrewd one and guess what - she even turned out to be! Elaborate marriage plans were being made wrt to how much we should give his family... Well the word wasn't used but yes that could easily be called DOWRY.. When I raised the issue with my fiancee, he said-"Oh let the elders decide and I cant tell my mum anything"; to which I said... "Go to hell, I mean goto ur mum"... I don't need you-I need my parents!! And the rest is history :)

Read more

yes, i did have these thoughts quite a few times and to be honest, i told him the same too. this is why i decided that the best way for both of us to cool down and think positively was for us to take a break.i do take my breaks occasionally and head out for a small trip, alone or with just my friends. i call home once or twice a day to speak with kids, but that's about it. i feel all couples go through this, and we all feel like quitting at some point or the other, but there are many instances that can easily be sorted if we take a little time out and think clearly.

Read more
VIP Member

This reaction could only be best explained as a result of a serious fight. I do have to admit, the thought did pop in my head twice, but then there is nothing that an apology can't fix. My husband is usually extremely sensitive to my views and respects me a lot, but like every couple, we have our fights too. On the first occasion, I felt he was being extremely unfair to me and this thought popped into my head. On the second occasion, again, after a big fight, I contemplated it. But since we both realised our mistake, we went back to our normal selves.

Read more

I wouldn't say that I contemplated leaving him but rather, was tempted to just run away from the entire situation, which happens to include him. I moved to Sweden a few years back to pursue my Masters and to be with my man. In the early months of the move, I was adjusting and worried about whether leaving my job of 4 years and my family was going to be worth it in the long run. I was an emotional wreck for the first 2 weeks and I did think of leaving Sweden and by extension, him. But I got over it quickly and it never happened again.

Read more

i did not leave him or think about it but i did take a break from our relationship a few times when we had some serious fights. i told him i wanted to ease out my mind and not think too much about the problems. i took my child and went for 4 months, during which he did try to get in touch with me and we managed to sort out our problems. i think you are upset with your spouse and hence are thinking like this. if possible see if you can have an honest discussion and sort it out.

Read more

I did, or rather I do sometimes. But never for another man, just for the thrill of being my own person again. But whenever I think about how lonely life was despite having everything I wanted materially, it makes me sad and I thank God that I'm with this amazing, kind and protective man.

VIP Member

Many times. He was unable to understand how tiring i had to handle and discipline and teach the kids myself and yet he is constantly saying i am not going a good job.

I did. I was too tired of being a mom, a wife. I wanted to live my life. It's tough caring for a family and its a constant work in progress.

Countless of times. I felt that we were unable to communicate respectfully and we were becoming toxic towards each other. a vicious cycle.

Many times. He would do something I cant accept then apologies then do it again