Toxic Family

What do you guys think about leaving a toxic family?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Leave them! My mum and dad are divorced but the entire of my mum’s side are toxic and very very money minded. Asked me to die further away from her house, called me a b*tch and even asked me to return her all the milk powder fees? (Like she’s not even the one who fed and raised me?!) Asked her for a receipt then if she wants to claim and she scolded me wtf. Simple things they like to complicate and make people’s life difficult. (Only to solve it the simple way -.-) Anyway, I cut them off since 2016 and honestly it has been the best decision so far. No more nonsense.

Read more

I left and been living independently ever since i started working and able to afford a rental room when i was 20? Its been 5 years and i didnt regret not a bit. Married last year and it was the bestest choice of my life! But your mind gotta be strong to overcome any obstacle coming your way. I didnt fully left my toxic family but i distant myself. Yes we do still meetup during festive season and any other events.

Read more

I want to but I’m stuck and trapped here because my hse is nt yet ready and I don’t want to spend money on renting flat plus no one to help me take care of the kids sld they fall ill as well as cooking and household chores. Will leave in 2 years time. Everyday I’m just counting down in my head. Is better for both parties also. Taking a toll on my mental health.

Read more
2y ago

i think u better leave this toxic family.. ur life not their life.. they have no rights to control u.. furthermore u are alr grown up..

I would not say leave but distant yourself is better 👍🏼 your life will be much peaceful and happier. Just makesure youre financially stable cos once you distant yourself its gonna be just you trying to survive the world. You gotta be independent.

just leave.. no need think so much.. i was married a toxic fam when i was 19 and then divorce at 20. i nv regret in fact i am so much happier.. best decision ever

I don't leave per say but living separately definitely helps. At least I have control when I want to see them and don't have to deal 24/7.

Just leave. I left my toxic extended family with my mum and it was the best decision. We are so much happier now.

VIP Member

💯💯💯