how long did it take you to decide to be sahm?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I decided while I was finishing my final year in poly (took a year off to have my son, went back to school when he was 6 months old). I couldn't deal with the separation anxiety of not being there to witness all his milestones and not having the time/energy to be with him - the thing I remember the most is having a really rough day in school, and my parents sent me a video of my son walking on his own ... I broke down and my table and cried so hard. That day, I went home and saw my son running to the door to welcome me home, and I just cried because my son grew up so quickly and I wasn't there to witness it all happen. I've been a freelancer/work from home mum since April this year - it's not the best financially wise but it is the best of both worlds for me!

Read more
VIP Member

before pregnancy! it takes time to plan and a vision of what you want ultimately for your child

VIP Member

wanted to be a sahm. but husband refuse to as we need the cpf for the upcoming housing loan

Since baby was born. many times i hesitate. But if i work who is going to care for baby?

was forced to be a sahm as noone is able to help me care for my LO while i work

Immediately even though we were cash strapped.

VIP Member

Sadly not everyone fit to be SAHM :(

since the day my bb was born