How do you feel and react when your own husband is so rude and shows attitude to your mother??

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

ok . im not very nice to my mil . reason is she always creates nonsense and i try not to be close with her as advice by my husband. My husband gets headache whenever mil calls and start her nonsense too . My family have been in good terms with my husband . if one day i were to see my husband being attitude or rude to my parents, i will ask him whats going on first. i will talk to my mother as well to find out what going on . if nothings wrong and my husband continue to show attitude and be rude, i will ask him to go back and stay with his mother.lol

Read more

Speak to him when the both of you are alone. He probably has his reasons for doing it, regardless of whether it's agreeable to you. Let him know that you do not like it and he's not setting a good example for the younger generation. My husband and I live by this rule that we will each manage our own set of parents. Which means we will look nice and agreeable in front our in-laws and discuss the differences as a couple back home, and the responsible party will have to find an opportunity to feedback to their parent.

Read more

It has happened to me and it still happens from time to time. I couldn't explain the feeling as I feel hurt for my mom. My mom has sacrificed a lot for our family especially to my 2 kids, but the husband always gets furious when my mom reacts whenever he scolds the kids. Of course, any grandparent would react the same way too. It has been straining our relationship and I am still thinking of ways on how to put an end to it.

Read more
VIP Member

I find a nice timing and have a heart to heart talk and ask him. If you ask on spot or when his mood isn't good, i guess the results u get won't be good too. And we don't how ur husband character is also. Is he friendly? Nice talking person? Or those hack care and rude person? (If he is already like this than only depend on how good you are to be able to change him already.)

Read more

Talk to your husband over a cup of coffee and ask him why does he behave badly with your mother. There should be a reason. But even if the reason is valid, one should know how to treat elders, especially when that is your wife's mother. Ask him how will he feel if you too start behaving the same way with his mother.

Read more

it's definitely not a good feeling but I never knew that as it's not happened in my 26 yrs of marriage. but it's necessary to tell him in a respectable way that u didn't like. giving like for like is not right esp in marriage. today if y respectfully say that to him, he will behave well nxt time ur mom is around

Read more

for me yes too... sometimes I find it hard to communicate with my hubby.. :-( to him my parents is not important... don't need to visit them.. if visit is like once a month or once in every 2 months.. I feel very sad but if I argue it will bring to more quarrel and affect the kids.

7y ago

do u hav a daughter? tell ur husband to imagine ur daughter doing the same thing when she gets married. if ur future soninlaw does the same back to him, hw wld he feel? moreover, monkey see monkey do. we shld set a good example to our children if we want them to b fillial when they grow up

I would tell him off for sure! If I'm bending backwards to be polite to his difficult mother, the least he can do is to be decent and polite to mine. If he insists on continuing to be a jerk to my mom, then he shouldn't be angry if I'm not mindful around his mother.

I told him don't do that unless u want me to do the same to your mum. If you are not happy with her about something, tell me, I'll tell her off myself if it's valid. Otherwise she has enough s*** from me, and doesn't need more s*** from the Son in law...

I will talk nicely to him and ask him if I do the same way to his mum, how it feel? Definitely not a nice feeling, right? So if you want me to respect your mum, you have to respect my mum as well. This is called mutual respect.