Your own parents

How to do you deal with your parents who deem to be close to you but actually not. And they dont apologise for what they have done wrong. All they see is to love their 2 sons, but not this daughter. When they msg u, dont even call u, but when they msg ur husband, they call him 'son'.. sighs feels so sad

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It hurts lol. And i keep hanging around hoping they will acknowledge their sh*t and apologize. Sadly no more chances. Time to break the generational trauma, so starts with us and our new family. Stay aware of biasedness, favouritism and any toxic nonsense because we tend to gravitate toward the same behaviour too as we age and might do the same with our children and their future spouses someday. Engage your partners help to keep each other in check also okay and have each other's back no matter what. Good luck

Read more

This is common in many scenarios. Especially giving all the attention the youngest one needs. Elder ones are always suppose to give to the youngest. Nobody really cares about the feeling of the Eldest because it's an ingrain culture and people might think you are an outlier if you feel any unfairness in this. I feel this way all the time. There is really no way to solve this but to change our mindset and look on the brighter side. easier said than done but all the best!

Read more
Post reply image

Feel you. My mum would reply when my husband msg bt not when i msg and also didnt msg me or ask abt me during pregnancy.

🫶🏻 I feel you. Think we also just need to let go and just look forward to our new family with baby :)

As long as they don’t harm me or do funny things to me, I will just ignore. 😊