Birth of little one

How best would u explain to your little one how he/she is made (produced)?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I would just explain it matter of fact. This is what I tell my 3 year old. Mama and papa are married. We love each other so much and we wanted to have a baby, you - to represent our love. When people are married they have sex. Sometimes when they have sex, the papa ejaculates sperm (looks like a tadpole) and the mama releases an egg (like a chicken) at the same time and those two meet each other and do a mating dance. If they are a correct match - the sperm and the egg, fertilisation occurs and soon a fetus develops in the womb (near my tummy) The fetus becomes a baby- you!

Read more
VIP Member

I think it's better not to explain sex to them at an early age as I have a friend who knew about sex when she's 8 years old and she became sexually active starts from the age of 11 due to curiousity. I'll probably just explain to my girl briefly that she's made from love. The rest she can learn from bio class in future 😂

Read more
VIP Member

I told her she hatched from an egg like chick 🤣, but somehow she learned that she comes from my tummy cos now I'm having her meimei in my tummy 😆 kids learn even when u didn't explain the details to them

Not too sure if it's appropriate (May depend on age) but there's a book which explains how babies are made. Here's the YouTube version read by someone: https://youtu.be/nUHrPimycFA

Hi there, you can refer to the following link to teach your kids. In the link there is a short stories that you can use. https://sg.theasianparent.com/the_birds_and_the_bees

VIP Member

It seems interesting to learn how to teach kids if such questions they hv asked .. I hv never faced such question but thought it would be soon too 😂

VIP Member

Explain the biology of it all bah. Maybe in drier terms if you don’t feel comfortable lol

VIP Member

i will find a good story book for her to explain, hahaha never thought of this.

There are some good Youtube videos that are available for kids.

Just don’t read them this book whatever the case

Post reply image