Hi, my helper will have her first off-day next week. Does it mean they are really entitled to WHOLE day off and not obliged to help with chores before she's out and when she's back? Not that she will be calculative, I would just like to know what's the norm, as the agency told me their off hours are from 10am-6pm. Thanks!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, same as Tresa. My helper will help me to sweep and mop the floor before going out. The period when she's not at home, I will do the washing of dishes or hand wash some clothes myself, I won't left all the household chores for her to do when she's back. After she comes back at 6pm, she will help me feed the younger one and wash some dishes , that's all. :)

Read more

My helper woke up at usual timing and did the housework before she left the house at 9am. She came back at 6pm and helped me out with my tod and cleaned the kitchen. She is not calculative and didn't complain. Also, we have the common understanding that she has already eaten by the time she comes back.

Read more

Your agency is good, my agency said to them it's 9-6pm. I guess it's how u want to determine the time. Usually I will tell her u can go after finishing most of the chores. You have to be strict with the time, cause some of them always come back late.

VIP Member

I give me helper off from 9am to 8 pm. Before going out in the morning, she takes the dog for a walk, gives baby a bath and makes hubby breakfast. When she is back she takes over baby at 10 pm. She gets off every Sunday.

Let's say you work in an office from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday. Do you consider yourself "on the clock" until 9am on Saturday morning? And you start work at 6pm on Sunday again?

I told my helper to cook lunch for me before she leaves at 9am. Today is her first off day since she started last month. I told her off day timing will be 9am to 7pm.

8y ago

You don't give your helper one day off each week?! Helpers should have at least 1 day off a week, and they should have the whole day off. Eg they finish work Saturday night, and they start again Monday morning. I feel really bad for your helper if what you're saying is true. Can you not just make your own lunch for one day?