hi i just recently sent my 3+mo baby to the IFC and noticed from the teacher's log that she's not sleeping as much as when at home. usually at home she will sleep after feed until almost the next feed which is in about 2hours time...but in ifc i noticed she only slept like 30 to 45mins each time. teachers did tell me they are trying to wean her off pacifier (my lo needs pacifier to sooth to sleep, once asleep will spit out. other times dont need) while i think its a good thing to wean off, im concern about her sleep quality. or she needs time to adapt so she will sleep more next time? can anyone advice me? thanks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you feel that your baby is not ready to wean off the pacifier, then best to let the IFC know. Also, I reckon that the IFC might be very stimulating to your baby -- with all the hustle, bustle and activities around her. My best friend said the same thing about her son's IFC too, her son did not sleep much whenever he is at IFC. He eventually adapted but it took a few months and he never gave up the pacifier. The pacifier helps, so let your IFC know that you prefer to keep it for the time being.

Read more
8y ago

yes i also think it may be due to the hustle and bustle...alright i think i will let the ifc know about the pacifier if her naps dont improve..thanks for your input!

Agree that the starting time at IFC is difficult as the child is adjusting to the noises in the centre while sleeping. Trs try to get the child to sleep together with the rest but after a while, once yr child adjusts to the place, she will sleep anywhere and everywhere in the centre. No worries and the good thing is if she doesn't have enough sleep, let her sleep early for the night. :)

Read more
8y ago

thanks for your reply. yes i start her on 2 weeks half day to observe first..today start her on full day as im heading back to work nxt week. hopefully she gets enough sleep...cos whenever shes home she really can sleep alot..i hope its just a transition

Transition time in IFC is normal to be like that. Weaning off pacifier is a good thing but think that the teachers are doing it too soon. You may wish to advise the teachers to take it slowly. Kids need time to adapt and now I believe she is just adapting the the new IFC therefore give her more time. Not to worry that she hasn't enough sleep.

Read more

Your baby is not use to it . It might take awhile . Regarding the pacifier if you wanna keep it then you let the IFC know . But is better to do without . And let baby sleep early . My 11months son sleeps at 8pm after coming back from IFC .

8y ago

wow sleep at 8pm..that will mean only 1 hour bonding time with LO as i pick her up after work...by the time reach home and settle down should be around 7plus..haha..thanks thanks i think i will continue to monitor her sleep patterns and hope it improves g