5 in 1 vaccination

heard when baby goes for this vaccination in polyclinic will have fever. is it true? and if so what should i do??? ps. my mil wants to let baby drink rice water mixed with Chinese medicine she say will help with fever. but I'm not comfortable letting my baby drink such thing at only 3months .. pls advice

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Not all babies will fever after the vaccination. If fever happens, just follow doctor's air nurse's advices. Please do not feed water or others to baby who younger than 6 months old! If baby is not well, feed him breastmilk or formula milk instead. Just make sure to keep baby hydrated!! If you really need to use those home remedies, I would suggest you to try to use peppermint essential oil. Just apply on sole of the feet will do.! Make sure the pure oils mix together with Fractionated coconut oil/carrier oil. Peppermint oil could cold down the body temperature. Could PM me if you want to know more about essential oils!

Read more
Super Mum

Omg please please don't feed your baby anything other than breastmilk before 6 months. As for fever it's a normal reaction, some babies will have it some won't. If baby shows discomfort and you want to relief it then can give paracetamol but otherwise there's no need to do anything, the fever will go away on its own. Mine had a fever but just slept through and was fine afterwards.

Read more

If you still breastfeeding, u try to drink coconut juice and eat a bit more vitamin c food as preparation for ur LO. I did that and somehow it helps a bit. The fever also pretty much depending on individual. Some totally dont get it. Some have a bit of low grade fever but overall is fine.

Lucky my DD was just fine without fever after the vaccination.the nurse usually also give some paracetamol in case your bb got fever after vaccine .try to feed the bb often will help as well.may your bb just fine after vaccine.

Super Mum

Not all babies will have fever.. My baby took 6 in 1 and fortunately she is OK. Your PD will prescribe some medication in case baby has fever. Just tell your mil that such young babies cannot drink water.

VIP Member

Polyclinic will give baby paracetamol for standby. Re: rice water, i think jus stick to breastmilk will do. As bb less than 6mth no plain water liao, whatmore for rice water.

VIP Member

My daughter did not have fever when she took her vaccinations so not all babies will have fever after vaccination. Just remember to let your baby drink breast milk etc

My first born came down with very mild fever, one dose of paracetamol worked, my second born no fever :) both had normal diet before injections

VIP Member

Hi... breast milk is the best remedy. If fever is high, please place wet towel on baby forehead

Some might have Get ready paracetamol if baby has fever Polyclinic will provide