Breastmilk Myth or True?

Just wondering if any mommies have heard of this before — my nanny told me baby can only drink breast milk according to the pump timing. So for example, if I pump in the day (8am to 8pm), baby should not drink this breast milk after 8pm because he/she will not sleep at night. And if I were to pump in the night (8pm to 8am), the breast milk should only be drank at night. Is this true? My nanny just left and sometimes I don’t really follow this but I can’t stop thinking about it 🤔 #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

They said that the milk pumped at night consist of melatonin but tbh not everyone is blessed with oversupply. Also, bf is tiring enough, if still have to follow strictly certain timings milk cannot give at this/that time, it’s gonna be even more stressful 😅. Whatever you have, regardless of what time it’s pumped, just feed accordingly. My baby drinks bm from all timings and still sleeps normally at night.

Read more

I don’t think it’s a strict must but may help as night breastmilk contains melatonin to help baby feel sleepy. I guess if you really want to follow, you can write down the pump timing on the storage bag then give accordingly to night or day. It’s your personal preference! :)

I honestly didn't think there's much of a difference. I also separated by day and night,but honestly ,if the baby is fussing and dun wanna sleep, no amt of night milk will help.

I didn't follow at all as I'm doing pitcher method. A just enough supply for my LO and it's tiring to alr pump what more to track the timing

VIP Member

Never bothered. Din feel it affected my lil ones v much too.

TapFluencer

i certainly did not follow as i hv low supply