Husband who shouts at you

Has anyone experienced being shouted at by their husband? How do you handle this kind of situation?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can be pretty hot tempered myself.. so I would walk away if I could to prevent it from becoming a shouting match. Depending on your husband's personality, walking away may sometimes provoke him more if he perceives it as "disrespecting" him. In that case, I would probably just keep quiet. I feel that in such instances, the most important thing is to keep calm. Let the other party vent first and then wait till he has calmed down before addressing his points. Having both parties being worked up will not get you anywhere. The issue may end up being unresolved. Take deep breathes to help keep your cool.

Read more
8y ago

*hugz* I hope you do get to find a time soon to talk about this, when both of you are calm and relaxed. For now, try to relax to calm yourself down. Taking a nice bath or writing in a journal works for me. Take care!!

Same thoughts with Yuna haha. Especially now that I'm pregnant. I believe that I am not my real self most of the time as I switch from one mood to another. I easily get irritated and I sometimes shout at my hubby (and feeling guilty afterwards). I admit, getting shout at really hurts and I do cry most of the time, but I love it when he comforts me and talks to me about why he did it and that he really didn't mean to. In this situation (as well as to other type of misunderstandings), it is always best to have an open communication. But, remember to let each of you cool down first before talking.

Read more

Well in my case, it's usually because I shouted first. When I get angry, I tend to pick on my man over and over again. Usually he will ignore me and walk away but there was once where he shouted back. I was shocked but in all honesty, I deserved it. I was being a jerk. He apologized soon after and I felt really stupid because I was the one who should say sorry as I started it :(

Read more

although this nvr happened to me before, but i think he might be a little agitated over something. you may wish to let him calm down before speaking to him again. once he is calm, it will be easier to talk. you may also to share with him that you aren't someone for him to vent his anger on, you are someone who is always there for him when he needs you most.

Read more
8y ago

Will bring up this again once his calm already. Thank you for this Vanessa! ☺

I have not met with this situation but personally I feel that It will be good that you two take some time to quiet down after the "fight" for awhile before finding a good time to sit down and talk about it. If you do not like him to do that, you will have to talk to him about how disrespectful the way he is behaving.

Read more
8y ago

It will work most of the time as both parties are cooled down and minds are straight. You can be the one to stop the fight just by walking away before things turn ugly. Men are least likely to give in due to their ego. So just walk away and find a right t

i always tell my partner that my mother go thru delivery pain and 40weeks pregnancy not so he can beat or shout and me. so far he never beat or shout at me and i too never do that to him. u both need to find an understatement that u are individual. nothing will be solve by shouting or any aggression.

Read more

My husband is hot tempered so he would normal yell even at very simple things. Somehow I got used to it through the years but of course it still pisses me off. I have learned how to keep my cool as much as I can so as not to aggravate the situation. No more crying on my end anymore. Lol

Yes! Then I will tell him. Make it louder please I can’t hear!! Then he will tell “I am not shouting okay? I’m just explaining” Then I will ask him to say sorry for shouting, then he’s sorry. Haha

VIP Member

I always say to my husband when he raises his voice, that whatever point he’s trying to get across, can be done in a calm and civil manner rather than flying off the handle like a crazy monkey.

VIP Member

I don't think we women should tolerate any nonsense from the men as we are the ones going through childbirth and all. Of course we also have to make sure we are not unreasonable as well!