pacifier

Giving pacifier to little one... yes or no? >

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Alot of PEOPLE says NO (But 2 me I feel even when I was a baby I was on pacifier n also have perfect teeth & my baby is not a TOTAL PACIFIER type it depends in her mood she wanna relex n suck paci.. No issues wif tat for me (TO ME IT IS A TOTAL NO ISSUE)

I think it’s ok. Many kids of my generation, like my cousins, sibling and I (more than 20 of us) would have used pacifiers but no issue. I find that the worry is just exaggerated.

I didnt give when my girl was young. But as she grew older, i realised there is actually nothing wrong about giving pacifier. So it is really up to you :)

Super Mum

It’s really up to you. I didn’t use the pacifier for both my kids, and taught them how to self soothe and overcome meltdowns using other methods

VIP Member

My baby rejects like mad and even attempt to vomit if I put it in her mouth lol. But sometimes she wants it for comfort. So totally up to her.

Initially a no for me, but when all else fails, i tried the pacifier as a last resort, and it helped tremendously, so its a yes for me.

VIP Member

Depends on the baby. Not every baby needs pacifier for soothing, like my 2 lo. They prefer carrying and patting on backside.

TapFluencer

It depend on baby and parent. For me I gave but my baby will take out if she don't want most of the time she don't use it.

VIP Member

Yes. Its better than he bites everything that he can grabs. Just realise it when my lo start biting things around

Super Mum

Only when necessary but bb will spit it out once he doesn’t want it