Giving pacifier to baby

When and under what circumstances should the pacifier be introduced? I was thinking to introduce the pacifier to my 6 weeks old newborn but am also have concerns on the reliance on pacifier and possible milk intake. Would like to hear your experiences! :)

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I introduced pacifier to my baby at 2 months old. It’s to soothe him and also before bedtime, he is able to sleep on his own. No rocking and patting needed. He doesn’t use pacifier whole day but only when needed. Like when he cries due to hunger and i give him pacifier while I prepare the milk etc. sometimes he doesn’t want pacifier. It doesn’t affect his milk intake etc.

Read more
Super Mum

I introduced pacifier to my baby to soothe her. My girl can sleep so much easier with a pacifier. Tried several brands and found the suitable 1 for her. It never affect her milk intake and she never use her pacifier when she is awake. It's up to you whether you want to introduce it to your baby.

I don’t intro pacifier under any circumstances. I don’t wan to deal with weaning it’s in the future. There’s other ways to soothe a baby .

TapFluencer

didn't give at all, not a need to have