Just gave birth. I think I have PPD. I am so scared. I miss just being me with husband. Although I love my son, I am just scared. I am so scared I cry day and night and I can shake the feeling of falling into a black hole. My life is changing and yet I should be happy but I am not. How can some people seem so happy and how come I am not?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had that too, it was temporary. I felt a tremendous change in life that there is no way to turn back time. I miss having the baby in my tummy and constantly checking out my tummy just like what I used to do during pregnancy. I felt baby was missing and couldnt connect myself to my newborn. I kept tearing especially when the night comes. Topped with low breastmilk supply. I had to keep on reminding myself that the baby is here now, everything is fine. It's good that life is changing. After some time, about 5 weeks, it just went away. My husband saw that in me too, he was worried and I can also see he was too going through the same changes and trying to adapt. Until recently they told me there will be another round of mental and psychology challenge if I were to conceive #2, and I tell myself to prepare for it. Hope it will be better the next round. :) God made women, women cry, but always remember, he made them strong too. We will overcome it. We are being "programmed" that way.

Read more

Hello dear, i agree with the others. It is a huge change to have a baby with you 24/7 and feeling so lost. Very important to not think u have to do everything by yourself - share with hubby how you feel, if u can't talk it, at least write it out. There are no 'shoulds' when you become a mum, just you, being a human being, trying to adapt to the GREATEST change in your life. There's a lot to process, and hormonal issues may be at play. It's ok to be unhappy - but don't suffer alone.

Read more
VIP Member

Hugs. Not sure when you posted this, but how are you feeling now? I suggest speaking to a doctor about this or with close friends who understand. I had a similar experience for my first pregnancy. It’s like a love-hate relationship with the little bean. Don’t beat yourself up for not loving your Son as much as you should, but take time to heal from your delivery and take care of yourself too.

Read more

Having a baby is overwhelming and not easy. pls talk to someone like your gynaecologist or a social worker in the hospital. They will be able to help you. You can also express to your husband but sometimes guys don't understand as well as a professional. Although this feeling may be temporary, you don't want it to escalate to something more severe. Pls seek help asap

Read more

I was like that too. It felt as though hubby was not showing me any more attention or putting in effort into our relationship. I guess what you need is more support and reassurance from your family. I only told my hubs about it after 2 months and he was shocked. He thought that everything was fine. Talk to him about it and let him know how you feel.

Read more

Hi dear, i had the same experience as you. In fact for me, I didnt like baby at all. My husband was very upset with me when he saw the way i acted and treated baby. It is a stage, and everyone goes through it differently. Don't beat yourself up. Take a break, let it go. Meanwhile, do some things you like. Have you anyone to help you?

Read more

Pls let ur gynae know about it. Or go speak to the medical social worker in polyclinic. I know how awful it is. Talk to someone. U definitely need help. Best is to go see a psychiatrist. Get diagnosed and get treated. Be strong mommy, ur baby needs u

Please let your Obgyn doctor know during the follow up check ups and also seek counselling as well.

feeling exactly the same. hugs