Active toddler

First time Mom here .. I find toddler stage so challenging ! Whenever my LO goes to shopping mall, he will run around, exploring things, touching this and that. When I bring him to the library, he will only browse through at the most 1 book (I read to him).. after that, he is like more interested to run around to explore the borrowing machine, computer, keyboard, table and chairs or just explore the library. I don't seem to be able to get him to take a book and sit down quietly to read :( He just turned 20 months. Is it most toddlers are like that at this age or my LO is too active ??

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same! They get very inquisitive at this age. As the appearance of a new building or place appears in front of them, this gets them excited and curious about what is ahead of them. Perhaps before the actual shopping or reading, go along with them and let them explore, help them recognise things. Take it as a learning journey together, and you can pick up some groceries along the way. It's always very educational during such outings for the kids as they are amazed with all the sights, colours and sounds around them. Don't fret, just enjoy such moments with your child :)

Read more
VIP Member

Yup very normal. Mine is 16 months old and drives me nuts by how much she wants to run around and explore everything. While it's a good thing that she's so curious, my goodness the amount of energy she has. I am usually worn out by the end of the day. I found that putting her in playgroup and mygym has really helped as she gets to explore there. Mygym is great as it's 2 hours of exercise and she's exhausted and sleeps promptly by the end of it. ;) This is what they do at playgroup.

Read more
Post reply image
6y ago

Busy Tables is awesome! It's mainly parent-accompanied, they're having a sensory carnival on Saturday if you're interested to find out more!

VIP Member

Yes they are mostly all the same! in fact parents should worry if their toddler doesn't do that! It gets better as they become older(;

I think it is normal. You might want to bring him to a park to let him run around and explore. I recommend hort park.

VIP Member

By nature, children are curious and they learn through play. Your LO is just a normal, healthy and happy child 👶

VIP Member

yes it's perfectly for toddlers to be super active and not settle down. their curiosity level is at its peak.

Same! Mine throws tantrums! They just wana explore n very curious.

Super normal and a smart kid I'd say.

VIP Member

It's very normal! They just want to explore!

VIP Member

Normal. If not like that, time to worry