To all fathers in this group, what are your thoughts with this situation I have. I am a mother of a 3yo child, and I already want to have a job. I chose to have at least a home-based job. But my husband disagrees with it, telling me na "di naman kami naghihirap" and "baka mapabayaan ang bata". I feel sad. Am I selfish for wanting this? Home-based na nga lang, ayaw pa.. Natatapakan ba pagkalalake niyo? Im really wondering and confused.. haay..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My husband wants me to just focus on our baby since he's only less than a year old but I still choose to work at home primarily because I don't want to become stagnant. Lucky for me, he completely understands my lament. Just like what Jared said, I agree that you must still fight for what you want to do. Just because you're a mom doesn't mean that you should just be stuck at home, doing domestic jobs. Gone are the days that women are confined at home. Explain gently your side and tell your husband that this can keep you sane, productive and it can increase your self-worth. Stay-at-home moms are more susceptible to depression so I hope your husband understands where you're coming from. Good luck!

Magbasa pa

A mom here, but I kinda feel you. I've been doing online work since 2014 and we've been fighting because of it. He is supportive at times, but most of the time he wants me to quit my job. Same lame reason I hear from him - no more time to take care of the kids according to him. Obviously, it isn't true as I even breastfeed my kids while doing my work, we take a bath together (in between work), feed them, etc. He even attempted to talk to my clients to tell them that I can no longer work because I have to attend to my family first. It's really crazy..

Magbasa pa
8y ago

you still continue your home-based job? do you still fight because of the same issue? I feel like I have no chance for personal growth. :( hirap no. haay

My mom works. May sister ako na 1 y.o. Nakikita ko na kahit free time nya e, inaalagaan naman nya yung sister ko. But as the time goes by, napapansin ko na yung kapatid ko e kulang talaga sa alaga. Pinupunan ko yung mga pagkukulang ng mom ko but still, kawawa pa din ang kapatid ko. Unlike pag day off ng mom ko, makikita na sobrang natutuwa kapatid ko sa presence ng mama ko. So ako bilang preggy, nagdadalawang isip ako kung magwowork din ako. I've witnessed my siblings kasi na lumaki without my mom 24/7.

Magbasa pa

Ok so I go to work daily while my wife works from home. We have a 9-m.o baby and glad to say that despite of our work scheds, our baby is doing well. In my own opinion, it take both husband and wife to raise and secure a family's future. Don't get me wrong, I'd love my wife to be a full time house wife, but we're paying tons of bills and insurances plus bank savings.

Magbasa pa

Women should be able to take control of their lives. This stereotype that mothers' only job is to take care of the household is so ancient and sexist and unfair. If you want to focus on your career, go ahead! As long as your child is being taken care of, you shouldn't feel bad. Husbands should ALWAYS be supportive of their wives.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

same to all of you mummies,i just want to be more productive and not just excel in house chores,i also want to talk to other people because it felt like i'm going crazy staring at the 4 walls of our home and i will just sig "hai buhay" i want more.

I think hindi naman dahil sa natatapakan ang kanyang pagkalalae kundi at sa nakikita ko gusto lang nyang mag focus ka sa anak ninyo at hindi na lang iasa ang pagalalaga sa kasambahay.