confinement

DIY confinement or hire confinement nanny better

58 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not necessary at all! I don't understand why people get a confinement nanny to look after their child at night??? Shouldn't the parents of the baby be doing it? Unless you're talking about getting a helper to help with chores while you rest/look after baby then yes.

VIP Member

Really depends, if FTM and little or no family support (including not sure whether e family will bail out last min), suggest to go for nanny. I was all of that and emergency csec so I was glad to have the extra help as I was in immense pain the first 2 weeks.

Depending whether u gain help or not. If you are alone better to get CL.. if u have a helper or family support, can consider DIY and order tingkat confinement food.. given a choice, i prefer my own family support.. get a bad experience with CL

DIY confinement as don’t want to have issue with bad confinement lady. And during this period, reduce contact with all outsiders as impossible to quarantine confinement lady for 14 days before she start work at our place.

If your family is able to support you, DIY confinement is okay. Personal choice I would say. If you want to hire confinement nanny, choose wisely. Reach out to friends to see if they have any good nannies to recc?

if you have a family memeber to help you, then definetly go for that. but if you dont have help then go for nanny. But try to get her 2-3 moths before giving birth so she gets used to you and your food habits

VIP Member

I didn't have any confinement nanny or confinement meals before. I handled it myself with husband's help! I have my own mini steamboat during that period! Save a lot of money !

I hired a confinement nanny mainly because I want to rest at night! And I think it’s a wise choice! If not really will be extremely tired, esp after delivery! 😣

Initially i wanted to diy too.. but after listing all tasks need to be done, hub cant cope and mil and mum cant help too. So i came down to getting a CL..

5y ago

List of things as below: becos regardless of natural or c sect, we need to keep away touching water too much and we need rest. 1. Who will wake up in the middle of the night to do feeding ? ( requires like once every 2hours) 2. Washing dishes and baby bottles? - baby bottles need sterilized too... 3. Who do laundry? 4. Anyone have the experience or confidence in showering baby? And who will do it 5. Can handle when baby cries? N Who will step up n do it ? 6. Baby clothes best to hand wash, and who will do it? 7. Who will help you boil your herbal baths ? 8. Who will go shop for groceries ? Or baby supplies when fall short or required? When you have support with all the above, either filled in by hub, mil or parent. That will be great, but make sure their commitment is on a consistent basis, and not run away 1week later and leave all tasks back to you and hub. Confinement food if no one can cook, can still order for confinement meals. Sometimes with In laws or parent, the

VIP Member

If you have a support form family or a helper (who can cooks) you can opt to DIY. I bought a postnatal package from eu yan sang. 😊