Did you and your husband have a "chat" about how to parent and come up with some basic ground rules -- about bedtime routines, how to say no, discipline etc...or did you just play it by ear? I find that my husband and I often have very different perspectives on things like who should our kid have a playdate with, outdoor vs indoor time etc...how did you resolve your differences?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What is cheating? According to Oxford dictionary, Cheat means an act of dishonesty or unfairly in order to gain advantage, also it’s Flirting with another person is not as serious as having sex outside the marriage.But you should always be sensitive to the feelings of your partner.If you can not handle this flirting behavior , you should talk about this with your partner and seriously ask him to put an end to the flirting.If he does not do that, because he somehow thinks it is his right as a man to flirt with other women(??!!), you are in serious trouble and you both need relational therapy or a hacker (to verify your claim)to get your marriage or relationship on the rails against, In this Century right now cheating is becoming so common and normal, I don’t seem to understand why we as a people have to live our life’s that way. So much heartbreaks, you meet someone you fall in love with, which was not even genuine in the first instance, like it’s a normal way of life now. People find it hard to stay committed again. It’s becoming a thing. Getting information & data you need is quite not a big deal. Sometimes the truth needs to be unveiled by whatsoever means necessary. WWW.HACKERSPYVILLE.COM

Read more
Post reply image

My fiancé and I talk about how we'll raise our future kids all the time because we realise that we were brought up differently due to different cultures and coming from different countries. For example, we had a heated conversation about disciplining a child when he has done something wrong. In Sweden, it is absolutely illegal to physically discipline your child, so no taps on the hands or even threatening to cane. Not that I'm planning to do all that but I told him that I was brought up in a time where caning was an option if I did something really really bad. Another thing that we discussed was academics, coming from Singapore I'd want my childg to be brought up in an academic environment but he doesn't see it that way, kids in Sweden have more freedom in terms of what they want to do, not necessarily academics. He grew up on the countryside and I grew up in the city. I forsee many more conversations like the ones mentioned before especially when we start our family. We have decided that we will take whatever that is good from each others culture and just "go with it". No point arguing over whose methods are better all the time I feel.

Read more

It is good to hear that your husband is very involved in parenting. I agree that sometimes too many opinions will have disputes between the parents. It's very helpful if both of you sit down and discuss together what are the boundaries that both of you can accept for kids. It is good to list out the rules and adhere to it. When my hubby discipline kids in a way that I do not agree with, I will not confrot him directly in front of the children as this shows no respect. I will discuss with him my inputs and how can we further improve our discipline approach in case of similar things happen again. So far this works very well and we have come to agreement most of the time. I think sometimes our husband needs us to listen to them too, communication is very crucial to reach understanding between each other. Also, I will borrow parenting books to read myself, and highlight some important points for him to note as he is quite busy to read through whole book. I printed out point forms and stick to our wall as reminder. If he has any opinion, we will modify and improve the rules on kids in the house, of course with the consent of each of us.

Read more

We talk it out - as with many other aspects of our marriage! Parenting is a partnership and we both agreed that we need to remain consistent in our approach so there isn't any mixed signals. When the kiddos are around, we will not broach our "synchronisation" in front of them and we will WhatsApp each other even if we are just next to each other. And we have the rule that whenever each of us is disciplining, the other will not step in. So either of us do not have a permanent "black" or "white" faced and the children know we mean it whoever is the one delivering the message. Before the children, we always convey a consistent message and if any differences needs to be sussed out, we do it behind closed doors!

Read more

I think, it should not be about I will take the final call or you. Since, it is about kids, I think, one as a couple should drop their egos and pick up the decision which they think is best for the child. I know, this reads like an ideal situation, but I think this can be met when the couple is having a cordial relationship. How we deal with the kids largely depends on how the couple's relationship is going on. For example, the days, I have fought with my husband, I take all the decisions regarding kids, and then I do not even consider his point of view, which may be better than mine. So, see how the couple's relationship influences the kid's life.

Read more

I had thought my fiancée was really faithful until I started hearing rumors that he is seeing his boss at work , I confronted him and he told me to my face that nothing was happening, it’s just work and nothing else , I wasn’t too pleased with that as a lady so I told me best friend about it and she told me to hack and monitor his WhatsApp, I never knew that was possible. She recommended this hacker to me , so I Contacted [email protected] and he did the job perfectly and truly. they were really seeing each other Thanks so much for saving me. WWW . HACKERSPYVILLE . COM

Read more
Post reply image

We never had any rules set for parenting, just took it as it came each day. Of course, there have been differences in our parenting style but to our credit whenever one parent has tried his/her parenting style the other hasn't interfered. We both are "cool" and not paranoid parents. We both have given our kids choices, let them learn, have treated them as individuals. I am the disciplinarian whereas my husband is the softie!

Read more

Yes, we always have a chat on parenting. My husband interested in reading articles & parenting tips. He always guides me. We have 10months old son. we r in learning stage of parenting. Sometimes we have differences too. At that time, we will try to be cool & think twice to resolve the differences. Otherwise, it will have negative impact on kids. Even sometimes we seek advise from our parents or friends.

Read more

Yes, we usually have talks like that. Since we have different views at times, we agreed to try my way and his way and see the results. But basically, I was the one who really sets rule then I just have to talk to him about it and relay the results of what I did. This is for consistency and to avoid confusion of our child.

Read more
VIP Member

I hear him out, but before we got married I had already made it clear that if we have differences of opinion and it's about the kids - I get final call. Have not exercised that card yet, cause we seem to be on the same page for most things.