Did you and your husband have a "chat" about how to parent and come up with some basic ground rules -- about bedtime routines, how to say no, discipline etc...or did you just play it by ear? I find that my husband and I often have very different perspectives on things like who should our kid have a playdate with, outdoor vs indoor time etc...how did you resolve your differences?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We talk it out - as with many other aspects of our marriage! Parenting is a partnership and we both agreed that we need to remain consistent in our approach so there isn't any mixed signals. When the kiddos are around, we will not broach our "synchronisation" in front of them and we will WhatsApp each other even if we are just next to each other. And we have the rule that whenever each of us is disciplining, the other will not step in. So either of us do not have a permanent "black" or "white" faced and the children know we mean it whoever is the one delivering the message. Before the children, we always convey a consistent message and if any differences needs to be sussed out, we do it behind closed doors!

Read more