How many of you have discussed body parts with your growing kid? my 9 year old knows about breasts, but i have not yet told her about the vagina. when did you first discuss it with your daughter? or did you never talk about it?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My daughter too is 9 but I haven't discussed body parts with her as yet. Though, like all of us do, since quite young differentiate between good and bad touch but haven't spoken about the body changes as the girls grow. I think, I will talk to her but not now. I will wait for some more time, or perhaps wait for a suitable timing. I do not want to surprise her or shock her with the information. Probably, I would get some book that is for girls entering their teens that she can read and get to know. And I will see when she has gone through it, how comfortable she is discussing things with me. I do not mind discussing body changes with her even now, but for me, I would want the perfect setting for letting pass the information.

Read more

I do talk to my kids, both son and daughter, about their body parts. My daughter knows about breasts and is aware between the difference in a vagina and penis but I havent told her about vagina in detail yet. She knows its meant for urination and child birth. Also, I have given her some idea about periods but nothing related to sex. Will impart her knowledge once she grows up a bit more. She knows that nobody is supposed to touch her there.

Read more

Me! My son is only 3 years old and he knows what a penis and vulva is. The importance of teaching your kids about your body parts is often brushed aside. Which should not be. We should teach and tell our kids. We can start by using books as a reference and keeping the topics short and brief.