Continued update: 8th week check up

Continued update: Yesterday went for weekly check up, heartbeat was confirmed by gynae. (me: thank god) He said on 12th weeks of pregnancy, will check on GBS. (me: ok) On 13th week, explained if possible to do a DNA test also known as down syndrome test or known as amniocentesis if im not mistaken. This is to check any abnormality with our baby. Able to know gender as well. 99% of accuracy. He said in the last pregnancy, I may loss my 1st baby due to GBS or Cromosom issue which leads to abortion which we may not know. He further explained, its better to know early if any issues with baby rather than we spend whole life taking care a down syndrome baby (in case). In short explaination, abort the baby if any abnormalities and get pregnant again for a healthy baby. but this test is optional. Cost: RM2800. (me: shocked) Shocked coz my husband the only person who works need to get these amount in just another 4weeks. For me, its super expensive. Currently, we are spending minimum RM250 per week to get HCG injection. Its already quite burden for us. But he is willing to spend for our baby. What should I do? My innerself says The baby shall be fine. and the pervious incident would not repeat as you are already controling your sugar and tc what is necessary. Afterall you loss your previous baby when 23weeks of pregnancg, how could be a cromosom issue. If issues on cromosom, it shall abort before 2nd trimester at least. Y the water broke after he fully formed as a baby. If you are fated to go through another loss, then you are fated. If fated for a special kid, then accepted it. My brain says dont think about money. its for your own good. If any abnormalities, you shall not accept it for your whole life and suffer. You deserve a healthy baby after a loss. My heart asks will you abort if any abnormalities? and go through another process of getting pregnant again after all the expenses you done so far? Im confused. ☹

1 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

mybe you can check for NT scan for down syndrom baby and it more cheaper.. it need to do within 13 weeks of pregnancy and can't be late..

5y ago

you can do in any scaning center..i have done it before but can't be too late