Can share wad food or drink increase milk supply?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Galactagogues may be tricky and is trial and error. Some may work for you, some may not. Most common galactagogues are Rolled oats Malt Brewers yeast Nuts like almonds and peanuts Coconut water/milk Fenugreek Moringa/malunggay (here in the Philippines its the number 1 booster) However, please take note that even of we take a ton of these food, if we do not correct the breastfeeding, this will not work. Breastmilk is produced by following the law of demand and supply. Ensure that you breastfeed on demand and that the latch is correct because this is what truly increases your supply and not by taking in boosters. Simply eating healthier and being hydrated is enough.

Read more

Hi! Everyone is different and it may take some trial and error to find one that works for you. Some suggestions from my friends are: - drinking more water - having oatmeal as part of your daily diet - taking fennel and fenugreek supplements - red dates and longan tea - soy milk (but may cause phlegm in babies) - having a well balanced diet with good quality protein and god amount of carbohydrate (mothers who are breastfeeding typically needs an additional 300-500 calories) - green papaya and fish soup Hope you find one that helps!

Read more
VIP Member

Breastfeeding in demand is the most effective way to increase milk supply. But boosters are helpful as well. 1. Drink a lot of water. 2. Moringa Malunggay Juice (You can buy it here in the Philippines) 3. Fenugreek 4. I buy lacation brownies and cupcakes online but if you know how to bake you can try to look at the ingredients on Pinterest.

Read more

I'm taking prenatal vit, salmon oil, flaxseeds & placental pills. recently add in moringa herbs (boiled together with soup) which i find quite good. i start to leak milk every 1.5hr (in the past is 2.5hr). if my babies accidentally elbow my nipples, my milk will spirt out which i never encounter in the past.

Read more

salmon. a lot of salmon. when i went back to work after my M/L, I had salmon for my 3 meals and drank lots of water. Milk supply went up a lot. As over supply I got 450-500ml per pump as compared to 400ml normally.

Hi Christina, Here are the food I noticed will increase bm supply:- 1) Oats drink 2) Milk tea 3) Cod fish / Salmon 4) Sweet potatoes leaves 5) Fenugreek tea (Not all the time)

Read more
8y ago

Thanks .. Will try out ! ☺️

Oats Barley Red dates and longan Papaya and fish bone soup Spinach Fenugreek Mother's love These are my milk boosters, give them a try! Hopefully it works for you too!

Read more
VIP Member

Hui Qun is right, that everyone is different - booster for me may not work for you. My milk booster are Extra virgin coconut oil Milo or ovaltine COD fish Soya milk

Read more

my personal booster on top of the common list is llaollao. sinful but helpful. I could feel my boobs full within 20mins after finishing.

For me, fenugreek, oats, barley, lemon grass, salmon especially raw (I eat after one month confinement) are booster for me