Aside from Bahay Kubo, what are good first Filipino songs to teach my child?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I started singing the following Filipino songs to my daughter when she was a few months old: Sampung mga daliri, Ako ay may lobo, Tong tong pakitong kitong alimango (sorry don't know the exact title), May 10 bibe ako nakita (but now it's only 3, according to some fb posts i read).

VIP Member

You can try the ever-classical Filipino song "Paa, Tuhod, Balikat, Ulo" (tagalog version of "My Toes, My Knees.." and please don't forget the choreo! ;) Not only the child will learn the famous song, but also will try to learn her parts of the body ;)

I agree with Paa Tuhod Balikat Ulo song, as this song is informative and catchy at the same time. I always sing this to my son with actions and now he knows where is ulo paa tuhod. Also being played often is Tatlong Bibe with a catchy tune.

I agree with Paa, tuhod , balikat ulo . I also teach her sampung mga daliri paa at kamay. Everytime she hear paa tuhod she always reach her toes unfortunately when she bend the song is already at balikat ulo =D

Sitsiritsit, maybe? It's a short song and can either be sang in either a fast tempo or a slow one. But personally, I sing Bahay Kubo to my kid most of the time

Kung Ikaw Ay Masaya is a really fun song. Personally, I think nakakagood vibes siya hehe. When my baby's out, I'll sing all of these songs!

Tatlong Bibe seems to be really popular nowadays, I've been hearing it almost everywhere. Sometimes, I get LSS from hearing the song.

sampung mga daliri, ako ay may lobo, leron leron sinta,

Talong Bibe! Super uso nya and kids love the song.

ako ay may lobo.. kung ikaw ay masaya tumawa ka