Anyone care to share their go-to adobo recipe?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I've tried this Pork and Chicken Adobo and it's superb! Halved the amount in the recipe as the original recipe is meant for 6pax. The recipe is easy to follow, give it a try! :) Taken from: http://panlasangpinoy.com/2011/10/19/pork-and-chicken-adobo/ Ingredients 1½ lbs pork belly, chopped 1½ lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces 3 to 4 pieces dried bay leaves 2 teaspoons whole peppercorn 1 head garlic, slightly crushed 6 tablespoons vinegar (white or sugar cane) ¾ to 1 cup soy sauce 1 tablespoon oyster sauce 3 tablespoons brown sugar 1 cup water Salt to taste 3 tablespoons cooking oil Instructions - Heat oil in a pan - Once the oil becomes hot, add the garlic. Cook until the color turns golden brown. - Remove the garlic and set aside. Add pork and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown. - Add whole peppercorn, bay leaves, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and water. Let boil and simmer until the meat gets tender. - Add the sugar and stir. - Pour-in vinegar and let boil.Simmer until most of the liquid evaporates. - Add salt to taste. Put-in the fried garlic, stir, and cook for 2 minutes. - Serve. Share and enjoy!

Magbasa pa

Dry n adobo gusto ko lutuin lagi. 1. Marinade 1kg chicken sa Toyo, suka, paminta, asukal for 15-20mins. Para. Kumapit ung lasa 2. Gisa ng bawang then ilagay Yung chicken muna. Prituhin saglit sa mantika n may bawang then ska ilalagay ung pinag babaran ska pakuluin hanggang lumambot 3.pag malambot n manok, lagyan oyster sauce mga 2 -3 table spoon then pakuluin ulit para kumapit ska timplahan. Kung need p ng asukal or my gusto k p ilagay.. 4. Then ihihiwalay ung sabay, pero sinasandok ko ung mantika sa sabaw tpos nilalagay ko sa iniwan ko n laman ng manok at hayaan ko maprito ulit kc mas nanunuot ung sauce and nawawala lansa pag napipirito siya ng husto. . Then choice mo n Kung ibabalik mo sabaw or nakahiwalay at kukuha n lng Sino my gusto.

Magbasa pa

I love Adobo Chicken. I spent some time in Boracay and I remember eating lots of Adobo. I've tried making it myself once and i used this recipe. Also, i find that browning the chicken in butter makes it so much more richer. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/filipino-chicken-adobo-recipe.html

Adobong manok my own version Whole chicken 1 500l sprite Paminta Asin Tuyo Suka Asukal Tanglad Bawang at sibuyas Mixed it all except sa tanglad at sibuyas bawang dahil ipapasok to sa tyan ng manok at ilagay sa kawali low fire in 3-4 hours ready to serve na po

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Cool recipes! I've tried to make adobo before pero nasusunog ko haha

Weird yung adobo ng partner ko may kamatis ehh😅

😊