Actually why can't mother in laws just STFU and mind their own business. Everything they also want to put their nose in. They have daughters too and they never thought that 1 day their daughters could be treated the same way as they treat other people's daughter. And yes, their daughter in law is someone else's flesh and blood. What gives them the right to "bully"?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mil is a pain in the a**. They want their dil to do as they say. they got nothing to do but to spoil your relationship with your hubby and backstabbing you indirectly making her look like she is just doing it out of concern. Come on, we are women we know what other women is thinking and doing. Which women likes to shared their man? Especially their own son, they will prove to their son they are always right. I have a son I know how it feel but mother have to let go and let their son live their own life. Best revenge for irritating and drama mil is getting your hubby stand by you. she cannot take it one. :)

Read more

My mil comments that I've gained weight, always updating my husband that so-and-so (usually neighbours) have had children already trying to rush us for children, wants to dress my future LO in matching mama and baby outfit, keep trying to tell me about ways to create a safe environment for conception (isn't a little tmi?), says that my future home will be very messy because I anyhow spend money (we still live with my in-laws, waiting for our bto) fact is they used what I bought but didnt show gratitude when the stuff i bought made their life easier, only commented that I keep spending money zzzzz.

Read more

My MIL drank my bird nest from my mum when the packaging is not open yet. Offered me instant noodle during my confinement and always comment on how noisy my LO is during the first 6 weeks. Constantly comparing LO with other baby saying that LO is not as fast as I'm not feeding BF. Put my LO in yaolan right after milk and my LO puked so much.. carried my LO with 1 hand and use another hand to get hot water. Sometime I feel that she should stay 5 feet away from my LO.. I can actually feel your pain.

Read more
5y ago

OIC. Thanks

My mil told me right at my face that she hate me for making her son turn his back against her. She hate that I am the priority of his life where my Husband used to listen to her only. So I guess most mil did that to let us the DILs know they are the "boss" although they have already lose their footing. Just my own two cents worth but I never care about what she has to say. My family = my rule. :-)

Read more
7y ago

I am trying my very best to ignore her n her blah blah blah.. May the force be with us.. Thank you for sharing!

Revenge or for others you are stealing their baby son away. Revenge cos they want to get back the dignity they deserve which is absolutely nonsense. They want to be treated like empress dowager. They want their daughter in law to bow down to them. They want to lord over and control their daughter in law like chess. Very selfish thoughts. Nothing much you can do except either ignore or avoid.

Read more
7y ago

Indeed! Thank you for sharing!

me too...now i just ignore my mil comments...unless she personally attack me or my clothing then i will shoot her back to make her shut up...now i find ways to avoid meeting her unless i do not need to work on that day/ my child is sick and she wants to visit my place to see my girl...or else i will avoid to prevent my blood pressure shoot up again..

Read more
TapFluencer

I feel your pain. MIL can be a painful Thorn in your flesh. I will try not to fight with them but I will also have boundaries for them not to step into. I will Also have a talk with my husband so he can be referee to break off tension

i can understand how you feel. during confinement, it was hell when my MIL took care of me & bb. my hubby still sided her after that ugly incident! till now i won't forgive her!

7y ago

During my confinement, my mil told everyone that visit me that I am so "heartless" that I want to kill my own child by not feeding her with FM. Everything my child cry, she will say this to my child:"what to do? Your Mother go no milk but still insist of breastfeeding you. Grandmother love you but can't feed you milk as your Mother don't allow." But she was the one who dumped all my ebm away when I was sleeping.

Siao one.. they can't bring their son to their grave also what! Why not treat the person (which is us) that accompanies their precious son through his life better?

BIG HUGz! they can really be a pain in the a**. my strategy is "minimal contact", so we can keep things polite when we do meet once in a blue moon. :p