Let him sleep or try to wake him??

Hi my 6 weeks old LO sometimes fall asleep at night after half feed when he is suppose to drink a full feed. We usually let him sleep and when he wake again then feed again. But it sort of disrupt a schedule we trying to build into him and perhaps into our resting hours. Should I actually keep trying to wake him up and try to finish or just let him sleep. Letting him sleep is after trying for a while simple ways to try to wake him but fail. Did not bear to try harder. Thank you for your sharing in advance!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sometimes LO fell asleep because they are tired from drinking instead of being actually full. So yes I will gently wake him up by either burping him or re-swaddle him and let him finish the remaining milk to ensure he is full

Super Mum

I'd feed on demand. Sleep is equally important to babies. But if it's way pass the usual feeding interval like 4-5 hrs then perhaps try to dreamfeed

U can try by rubbing his palm and then his chest area.. that is what the lactation consultant teach to wake baby up..

Super Mum

But some people adopt feeding on demand and will let baby sleep and only feed when baby demand

VIP Member

I will let my LO sleep. (She has been practicing feed on demand since born)

Feed on demand otherwise I will let her continue sleeping

I’d feed on demand and let baby sleep.

Super Mum

Yes wake him up if u feeding on schedule