3 weeks ago i gave birth to my baby boy and since im alone nobody helping me aside for husband when it comes to taking care with my baby. I just want to ask how many weeks or months i need to wait for me to be able to go out the house like buy some grocery or just drop by to mall jus to buy some baby stuff. Meaning how many months a mother can fully recover? Im mom of two 6yrs old and 3 week old baby. Thank you in advance

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had natural birth without epidural. Upon discharge already no pain. I dun have confinement lady, so my mum just came over for a few hours to bring food n take care of baby in the day time. Hubby did not use the whole 1 wk of paternal leave. So I started the night shift soon after.... I go out on my own with baby even during confinement via public transports like mrt n buses I feel im recovering very fast n cleared all my pp checks in less than 2 mths ....To me all the walking around are exercises for me to recover fast contrary to the traditions of confinement cause I dun believe in confinement

Read more
8y ago

Wow you strong considering you natural birth w/o epi and discharge with no more pain. Envy to some mommy like you. No im a bit ok but at night my knee pain a bit

Hello Mummy! Congrats on your birth. Did you give birth via csect or normal? If normal, you should be able to if it's not too far away to walk. Shouldn't walk too much as it's only been 3 weeks. I went out after 44 days of confinement. I have two kids, 1 is 7yo and 1 is 11mo. My 7yo usually helps me. I have no one else to help me at home too. So usually I wait for husband on weekends to buy groceries. In any case, I forget 1 or 2 things, I'll walk to the nearest shop to get. To fully recover, I guess it'll take months. Internal and external. :)

Read more
8y ago

Oh okay thank you so much

oh my..sorry to say sis at my first birth at 4 days i already went to market as i staying with inlaws.till my 2nd and followed by 3r n 4th i went out a week after birth as need to cook with kids too.It depends maybe try not to over walk as u will easily tired.One thing more important is communication with ur hubby maybe u can meet him after work so together can buyall the important things,

Read more
8y ago

Wow you strong. To my first baby after 1 month i can move well already but now to my second i really feel deak my back and knee is a bit pain and no much apettite to eat.

im a ftm and had natural birth without epidural, everything is done alone for me as im a single mum living alone. thus not really said to have a good confinement as i will need to go out for bb jaundice check up often, it took me 3weeks to be able to sit down naturally without pain, and after baby full month i start to bring him out to eat lunch out and do some shopping.

Read more
8y ago

feeling tired easily may be because u have not taken enough nutrients during confinement period, try to take like chicken essence etc to boost up the strength

Well! It depends on how fit you feel physically. If you are feeling good then you can go out even after 20 days. I started going and moving around after 20 days. Even though I had my baby through C-Section, I was travelling to a different city with my baby. So, as long as you think, you can walk around with ease and comfort , you can do whatever you want.

Read more

I had natural birth and recovery quite fast. Takes less than a week. But usually confinement take 30days and we are only allow to go out after the confinement done. This is old myth but I feel the different between #1 and #2. Can feel the pain n ache when I don't fully confined. So it's better to follow than regret it.

Read more

Hi rhaine! You have to rest at least for a month or two before resuming your usual errands outside of the house. Just don't force yourself and gradually you will regain strength and recover fully. Have someone help you like your mom, sister, a close friend or a neighbor friend for the meantime.

hi mummy, congrats. it depends on your body. I went out after my 1 month confinement with all 3 kids to supermarket, movies. I deliver thru csec. so best to listen to your body. if u feel ok. go for a short walk in the park 1st. slowly venture out to shopping :)

8y ago

Yesterday i start to walk already but my abdominal a bit pain every time i walk like 15mins but i guess bcause of my sagging bely

my baby just turn 3mths. I still feel tired even jus walking to nearest shopping mall (10mim walk). But I feel shld walk abit as exercise. Do ut slowly, go from short distance then long distance eventually. i believe your 6 yr old can help u out abit along the way :)

8y ago

Yah she is helping me but not much. until now my stitches still pain. My body still pain despite having a massage for 5 days.

I had a natural birth with epidural. Feel well enough (like before I was pregnant) when baby is around 2.5 months. But do take it easy, I tire easily when I started going out.

8y ago

Now how months already i mean b4 you start moving or even going out how long you wait