Post Natal Depression

Just gave birth 2 weeks ago & i think im having the symptoms of post natal depression… I’ve been crying a lot & I don’t really have anyone around me at home to help out except for my mum & husband but both of them will be back to work soon… I will be taking care of my baby alone. How & where can i seek for help? #pleasehelp #1stimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Having a child and taking care of a newborn who cries almost every hour and yet don't know what baby wants, is surely very overwhelming. When you say help, what sort of help r u looking at? If u just like to chat, there is alot Facebook support groups that links u to telegram or WhatsApp Edd chat groups. Mummy chats never sleeps, at any hour u will find ladies chatting and asking questions on breastfeeding, caring for bb etc. Having a baby is team effort, how about asking husband to take over night duties on his off days, so that u can at least have some night sleep then? For urself, try to catch some winks during the time when baby sleeps in the day. Hang in there mama, u r definitely not alone. It will get better as baby grows bigger. Ftm here too. I did my own confinement with not much help either, I didn't have a nanny and for the confinement food I never cook la, who has the time for it, so i ordered online.

Read more

Post natal blues is very common actually. As long as it dont last more than 2 to 3 weeks. Do seek professional help if you feel you need to. I'm also a ftm with 0 help. The first week alone without help is the worst and trust me it does get better. My son is 2 mths plus now. I totally agree with joining telegram group, Facebook. It totally help alot. I recommend SG Mum & Baby group, MumChecked. I'm in it too. Feel free to reach out to me if you need a listening ear. 😀 😃 Jiayou mummy! you're stronger than you think.

Read more

I know how you feel because after the first month, i also take care of my baby alone. Before that only got my husband. i was very drained out n pretty much feel like dying. Then i had issues wif my blocked milk ducts making it worse. Talk to someone! Hugs!

VIP Member

I feel u mom! I taking care if my baby alone too & nobody around, now baby almost 2mo. If u need to talk or ppl to listen of, i’m here. So, we can accompany each other go through this new step.. ❤️❤️

you can seek help at kkh.. hope you can get the help you seek 🧡