Baby takes up so much time and energy

Hi mummies, first time mum here and baby is around 3 months old, fully breast fed. I love my baby but there are times when I feel so exhausted and I don't have time for anything else at the end of the day. My mum is helping me out but baby still refuses to take the bottle which means I have to breastfeed him every two hours or so. Any tips on how to be more efficient in caring for baby so that I can get a bit more rest and have time for other things?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, First of all amazing love and care that you have for your baby👏🏻👏🏻. By fully breast feeding is no joke. There is not easy way round being a mother, no matter how many helping hands there are, your baby will still look for you my dear. We probably having different experiences, my baby refused to latch after getting bottle fed, it took me 5months to retrain my baby to latch. Now baby could take both bottle and direct breastfeeding. However every child is different, we couldn’t compare them. You will know your own child better. My suggestion for you would be: 1. Change different brand bottles -Madela has a breast imitation bottle nipple// or pigeon brand has the most close to breast nipple shape that you could try 2. Ask permission from you mum to go out relax you mind. Postpartum depression is very real. As mothers we need to know when to have good mental health. - Baby probably cry during your not around, few rounds doing it, baby will have take bottle eventually as they will be hungry. - It us not easy, but come to think about it, when you return to work the conditions will be the same. Baby need to adapt to when your not around situations. 3. You go out with baby more often. During outing sometimes baby sleeps more (depending when pregnant time our environment noises). Baby probably more tired after some outing, and they tend to sleep earlier or longer hence reduce the breast feeding part. Do remember baby requires more sleep than feeding at this stage to promote their brain development. Hope above information helps you in your situations. Don’t be discouraged, your doing very well. Being a mother is never easy, appreciate your mummy for being there for you now. All the best to you mummy😊.

Read more
1y ago

And it's until now that I have my own child that I have a deeper appreciation for mothers. It's really not easy for mothers to balance work and kids.

hey mummy , 3 month old is the month where baby is trying to explore .. so much energy , i still remember when my girl was around that month , every day 3am then sleep .. being a single mom is no joke , i do the laundry , i bath the baby , i change the diapers , i put her to sleep , give her milk .. being a mom is no rest .. really .. i also didn't think it would be this hard . I also think that this is the reason why , before you choose to breastfeed. there is only a slight chance that you could rest ,shower or even eat .. baby will definitely find your smell . refuse bottle even pacifier as baby is already comfortable with breast nipple and not bottle teats . i also have no rest can't wait to send my girl to school then work . that's the only time that i can finally take a break 😐😐.

Read more
1y ago

wow, sleeping at 3am is no joke. My baby sleeps around 12am to 1am so that is still ok. it's the fussing, crying and screaming and constant feeding that makes me feel so tired sometimes. In the day, his nap time is only 20 to 30 minutes

keep trying the bottle so you can offload the duties to someone else. mine was the other way round, baby couldn’t latch and i kept trying, he only got it after 3 months of trying