Feel rejected as a mom

My 16m boy prefers his dad over me. He would call him papa ever so sweetly and want him to carry whenever he’s around. He runs to his dad when we are out and would push me away to get to his dad. While I know and read it’s a phrase, I can’t help but feel rejected as a mom. And I’m blaming myself for not persisting in breastfeeding him long enough to form a bond.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont worry! I gt 3 boys who all prefer me to their daddy, and sometimes i really hope they can be closer to their daddy and less clingy towards me, so that i can rest.. So diff situation come with different set of problems. Try to find a "niche activity" (such as shopping, cooking, singing, dancing etc) that ur boy likes but ur hubby is not that good at, so that ur boy would find u whenever he wanna do that activity. For my 2 elder boys, they now fight to partner with their dad whenever we play balls, as i sucks at it.

Read more

I feel you, Mummy. You'd like to have the same kind of attention from your child. You do recognise this is a phase, and can't help feeling as though you haven't done enough. When your child chooses his Papa, why not take this opportunity to get a little me-time? It could also be that your child wants his one-on-one time with Papa after all his time with Mama. Children recognise who to go to for specific "activities", for example rough play with Papa, and hugs with Mama. I hope you're feeling a little better 💗 Big hugs!

Read more

Nah It's like that. Happened to my sis and friends as well..dont be too hard on urself

It's ok.. dont be jealous of ur spouse or be hard on urself

Mayb boy r more attached to father

Super Mum

All s nt lost

VIP Member

Since he is very attached to your husband, can talk to your husband that to always tell your little one to involve mom in all activities the father and son do together. Since he is close with his father he will listen to him. Then you get the opportunity to spend more time with him and strengthen bonds between you and LO.

Read more