My 1 year and 1 month old son

Hi mummies, My Son is one year and 1 month, he doesn't seem to call Mama but he like to call Dada. I am okay with it until my family members were saying "oh, he call Dada first is not good, he love his father more then you even if you are his caregiver." I feel hurt but I just tell then is okay as long as he is learning and calling. I am a sahm and I don't no why he don't seem to call me Mama, no matter how I teach him he will say Dada... My Son loves stand even when I put him in a baby chair he will stand up have to put the safety belt in order to make him sit down but he will cry and keep asking us to carry him. He love interaction more then his toys or tablet. I sometime really very tired because he need 100% concentration on him if I am using my hp he will start to come to me and push my hp away or take it and put one side. He likes to bang his hand on the table and smile. I don't like it as I find it rude, and my husband say let him be so when he hit too hard he feel the pain he will stop. I don't know if this is normal behavior in a child , I am a first time mom and I worry if my son have adhd.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

your child is perfectly normal, just being a one year old kid. my kid call dad's first too. it's because the sound of 'D' is easier for a kid than the sound of 'M'. so that's normal. your kid still loves you the same. does your baby chair have a foot rest? my kid will stand up too if he is seated for too long, it's tiring for a baby to be dangling the legs,I am using ikea chair btw and he will rest his feet on my lap LOL. as for the slapping of his hands on the table, it's a phase. nothing rude about that, a baby don't think like how we think, to them it's fun. the more you stop,the more they do. so yes, it's a phase and it will pass.

Read more

Hi~i am a mom of 2 and was previously a SAHM I would say its normal for a toddler to behave like this at this age. They want to explore and try out new things even if we tell them not to. But if the act will cause them injury or danger we have to firmly say a 'no'. Both my kids called 'papa' before they call 'mama'. It will take some time but eventually they will still call mama. U can tell ur toddler that other than crying just call 'mama' and u will attend to him then slowly he will understand it. It takes alot of patient to guide them esp when they hit terrible 2. Hang on there, hope it helps.

Read more
VIP Member

Seems like pretty normal for a one year old. Don’t stress and just keep observing and enjoying the moments of motherhood. They grow up way too fast!

Be patient mummy 😊. Once he starts calling mama he won’t stop! 😆 Hang in there, u r doing a great job! 😀👍🏻

is normal. my gal also call me mama only when she is 12 month plus. she always call papa.

VIP Member

Sounds like very normal behaviour. My daughter behaved similarly at that age