Which breastpump would you recommend? How do I choose the best breastpump?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I would recommend spectra! My model is 9s. Well it depends on what are the needs that you are looking for in a breast pump. Are you gg to be exclusive pumping? Pumping on the go often? Pumping just to clear engorgement? Office ladies would look into these points for pumping - Portable? - Slient - Suction Power. Narrow down on the points you need from there you are able to choose the correct pump You also can get these breastpumps from retail stores or online stores. i got mine from e-commerce platform - Carousell! Unit from Korea cheaper but there isnt any local warranty though

Read more
VIP Member

I have the spectra s1 and s9 and the freemie as well as a cheapo china brand I bought from taobao for $10. I bought the spectras from LAZADA - parallel import with no warranty so they are much cheaper then the store bought versions. I use the spectra s1 at home, spectra s9 at work. Freemie yet to use. And the china pump lies in my car for emergency. The suction of the S1 is much better than the s9 - but it's super heavy and bulky. The s9 is really small, light and portable. So if you are a working mum with budget for only 1 pump, I would go for s9 (pic attached).

Read more
Post reply image

it really depends on individual. I've been using avent since my #1. Now is still using the same pump for my #4. it's value for money for me. to make it worthwhile, extend your breastfeeding journey as long as possible. I'm currently using the double pump. feel that pump both sides at the same time would be more time saving and also increase the milk flow as both are pumped regularly.

Read more

It really depends on individual. Some mummies may find medela freestyle is very good, but when come to my own use, i find the suction is not strong enough to empty my breast. Hence, i have to switch to another brand. I suggest you may try out and feel it on your own. In some baby shops, they are willing to let new mummies try out the pump before deciding which one to purchase.

Read more

I gave up on Spectra 9+ after having pains using it. I guess I hated e plastic flange. Switched to Tiny Touch after a friend introduced it to me and I fell in love with it. 4 different pumping modes with silicone flanges. Cons is no adapter to fix to other brand of bottles.

I used Medela Swing, Pump In Style Traveller and was able to use it for both my kids. Here's a great guide to buying a breast pump. http://sg.theasianparent.com/best-breast-pump-shopping-guide/

VIP Member

I am in love with Phillips Avent manual comfort! It suction very soft, silent, and compact. I personally do not like electric pump because all of the cable make me feel like a cyborg heheh....

Post reply image

Electric breast pumps I think will be better regardless of the brand. My wife uses spectra electric and she has medela manual too.

I used the Medela Freestyle and it works great for me. It is a dual pump and handy if you need to bring the pump out.

thanks