Whenever we visit my Husband's parents. My mom in law always took control of my son. She feed him, napping, etc. It seems like i don't have permission to touch my own son. I know she might missed her grandson but i feel powerless. What should i do?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

So there's two angles to this: 1. You are blessed that there's someone to take over for a while so that you can get some much needed rest 2. Some parents do not feel secure that their child is managed by someone else. In this case: be it whoever it is. If there's something u are uncomfortable with, just be frank with that person. It can be a little awkward at first but after a little perseverance they will understand. Just tell her that there's a eg. Feedings can only be done by you. Or during a certain time you will need your baby back to have some bonding time as a routine. As long as the grandparents are not ones who will spoil the child it should be too bad. If they do. Then you must set the rules if not they grandparents will always be the good people and you are the bad people. Haha

Read more