Whenever we visit my Husband's parents. My mom in law always took control of my son. She feed him, napping, etc. It seems like i don't have permission to touch my own son. I know she might missed her grandson but i feel powerless. What should i do?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ill take it positively and rest. So that i can renew and recharge. Better then no help right. At least there is someone in the family to help out. We moms are humans as well. We need a break and that is your opportunity. Seize it!

U r blessed.. Your mil misses the grandson so she's hands-on. My mum & mil threw everything to my maid only. Both only use 'eye power' to watch over the maid. Treat it as a break. Go out have your own 'me-time' or date with your hubby.

Unless shes doing something you disagree with or want done differently then let her see her grandson. Hes your kid but you see him 24/7 she dosent. Just be grateful he has a loving grandma and enjoy a short break

You should be happy knowing that your mother in law love your son too. probably she is just giving you time to relax also besides its the only time she can hold and take careof her grandson

VIP Member

Sounds exactly like my story - except my Mother in law is visiting from out of town and so she's with us 24 hours a day. It sucks having to share baby. ;) but I know it's temporary for me

If I were you, I will feel blessed and thankful. She is trying to help and making effort to bond with your son. Meanwhile you can enjoy your food in a peaceful way. So why not? :)

Haha my hubby just had a Long talk with his parents about respecting our rules as parents when handling our kids. Get ur hubby to establish the boundaries.

Wow . You should be thankful of having such a MIL . You can have a break . Just let your MIL bond with your son . You can have your son back after that .

I will also envy if my mom in law wanna take power for few days. Too bad, my kids will never allow that to happen. They are so attach to me.

VIP Member

I would have been grateful, for that very short break and make use of the time for myself or bonding with husband and the rest of the family.