Returning back to work

When is the "right" time to return back to work after giving birth? Sad but true that we miss out on opportunities if we've left work for too long.. Please advise, thank you.

58 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I went back to work after my Lo 2 yo and she goes to playgroup. I guess it depend on individual. I gave up my work after my maternity leave because I realize I don't wanna miss their mile stone. Money can be earn anytime but once they past these stages it will never come back anymore.

VIP Member

I was fortunate to be able to take all my 16 weeks at one shot and even managed to add on another 2 weeks annual leave to extend it to a full 4 months. It really depends on individual circumstances though. I know mums who went back after 2 months maternity leave.

VIP Member

It really depends on your priorities. I plan to return after 3 months as I don't have enough leave and financially not allow me to stop working too. If I have choice I hope to be a stay at home mom but environment not allow 😂

4y ago

Same here. How I wish I can watch my boy grow up. Life is very realistic.

VIP Member

For career wise, it depends on your age and the stage of your current career. There are very successful high level positions that can manage both work and family well, not necessary need a break (after maternity )

Super Mum

I went back after 4 months. I discussed with my boss and we decided that it is best for me to take in one go.. Maybe you might want to discuss this with your company.

VIP Member

After 3mths for me. Leave the other 1mth of ML for injections appts & in case baby is not well. Its hard but always looking forward to going home straight aft work.

TapFluencer

I went back to work after maternity leave. My choice. I can’t stand staying at home and I’ll be a better person and a better mum and Wife when I am happy.

I return to work after 4months maternity leave previously. Upcoming maternity planning to take 3months, 1month save it for baby doc appt & neccessary days.

TapFluencer

I went back after my 4 months maternity leave. But as i was working part time so i can choose when and which day and how long i want to work.

I came back to work in my first baby after 1month due to incapability of our financial support. I must and need to support my baby's needs.