Hi, I am returning to work from Monday to Wednesday. Thursday to Friday will be on ML. LO will be with my mom on Monday to Wednesday. Can anyone advise on the arrangement for bm after I return to work with the above schedule? E.g which day of bm do I pass to my mom and which day is to keep for Thurs and Fri consumption when I bring LO back home? I am a just nice supply Mom, all chilled milk. No fbm. Thanks!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think you can store milk in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (depending on temperature so I guess you can pass the freshest bm on monday to consume til wednesday and if possible to feed freshly expressed milk on days you are on ML, that would be better.

7y ago

Thanks for the reply! Meaning I pass my mom whatever milk I have on Sunday evening to consume up to Wed. And Thurs-Sun I will feed LO with the freshest ones? I don't have fbm as my supply is just nice only. All chilled.

You can keep bm chilled up to 5 days, so Thursday's milk can be used till Monday and Friday's bm can be used till Tuesday and so on. For Thursday and Friday you can use Sunday's and Monday's bm. Hope this explains.