When you have problems in the family, do you let your children know about it or you hide it from them?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, My daughter is 6 and I let her know things if I think that it will not stress her. Since, she is emotionally very sensitive child, she gets affected by things that bother us, as in things that she can sense are making us sad. So, I do not tell her such things. But, yes, I do tell her if there is a problem to which we are also looking for a solution. So, she becomes the part of the whole process of finding a solution to a problem.

Read more

you can of course share problems with your children but only if they are of an age where they will be able to understand it. if your child is too young, he or she may get worried about what you tell them and it may stress them out. if your child is at an age when they will be able to understand about the type of problem you are talking about, especially if they have heard or seen about similar situations earlier, then it may help.

Read more

it all depends on how old the child is and what type of problem you are talking about. as the parent, you will first have to understand how talking about that particular problem can affect your child. some children are good at handling this, while others get very affected and it turns into a negative reaction. also, if the problem is not directly affecting your child, maybe you can avoid talking about it.

Read more

my sister has a 5 year old and a 10 year old. the 5 year old is too young to understand about family issues, but the elder one is now very perceptive. so my sister has started talking to her about certain issues that are there in the family, as she knows her daughter will be able to sense it on her own. so, instead of letting her find out from somewhere and feel bad, she talks to her herself.

Read more

It depends on what the problem is. Also, two of my kids are very young and do not want to involve them into any problem that would bother them, and for no reason make their baby brains exert. I discuss some problem with my eldest daughter who is 12. But those too are selective ones, which I think would not upset her or make her feel worried.

Read more

When my kids reach the right age, I will open up to them for transparency. But right now, they're too young to understand and they shouldn't be suffering from what the family is going through. It is the responsibility of the parents to keep their kids away from any anxiety or issues within the family.

Read more

Yung parents ko, palaging super open sa amin. Kahit may problema, kinukwento nila in a light way. I don't think may negative effects naman, kasi aware kami. Like kapos sa pera, kami na mismo ang nagtitipid. Maybe it's better though kung slowly ang pag-expose sakanila sa ganito :)

it depends on what kind of problem and how old is my child. Some kids are smart that they are able to senses what's happening