Visit during confinement

Other than your own family and in laws, do you let others like relatives etc visit you during your confinement ? And do you let them hold your baby? Is it ok to be against people visiting during confinement, and to say no to them holding your baby? Except your own family, in law and grandparents ? I have yet to deliver but i want to set boundaries for myself and my child. But you know, old people or even aunties aunties. They wont understand. #FTM

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I didn’t allow any visitations until baby’s first vaccination is done. (Staying with in laws) First relatives visit was done when I am comfortable and allowed my mil to invite them over. (Small group at a time) After that, they are allowed to hold baby but strictly no kissing and if baby wants to rest, they are to return her to me. Don’t tell me baby wants to play. I don’t really bother much after I gave birth, if I don’t like it, I voice out. It’s my baby, you follow my rules.

Read more

yes, mention you need rest and no visitation. (the "comments and suggestions" from elder generation can make you go crazy). just do what you are comfortable with. it's your confinement, not theirs.

TapFluencer

i did not restrict but i believe every mothers should have the right to decide on their own boundaries for themselves & for their babies

I’m 3mths pp and till now I have nicely rejected home visit from my friends. The idea of my baby getting covid scares me.

just politely tell them you would like to rest and no visit. even if they do, u can just stay in your room

tell them no visits, you need rest