Kissing babies

Hi mummies, ive read up alot of articles about the risk of kissing babies, esp when they are newborn. Aside from yourself, do you let others kiss your babies ? And do you let your own family members, mother & father / in laws kiss your baby? If no, how do i explain to them not to kiss my baby, esp for the older folks. #advicepls #firsttimemom

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

only me, hubby, and son allowed to kiss baby. even then it's only on the head/forehead. you'll nv know if anyone is carrying any virus even though they look well so better not take the risk. for older folks sometimes explain also no use one. just baby carrier the baby and siam as much as you can. and get hubby to help block top. cos i swear these old folks sometime sneak attack come out of nowhere to touch baby.

Read more

Only me and my husband were allowed to kiss our kids when they were newborns. We were even a little hesitant to do so. We let close family like grandparents kiss but only on the hands or legs. You can post this on your social media as a subtle reminder to family and friends ;) https://sg.theasianparent.com/do-not-kiss-newborn-babies

Read more

I dont kiss my baby during newborn days. I only started kissing her when she’s 8mo. So if I don’t it myself, I will tell others not to. But my mil always like to kiss her so I say, don’t kiss her mouth, you want to kiss her cheeks or hands nvm, don’t touch the mouth (especially after she smokes).

Newborn stage, me & hub don't kiss on her mouth. Only 5 months onwards. Apart from that, I don't really have an issue with my family members kissing her. They usually kiss on cheeks only. Of course with the exception of people who smoke. Them I don't allow to be near my baby.

Only my husband and I are allowed to kiss the baby. No one else allowed. Not even on the forehead or the hand. I explained to the older folks by googling in mother tongue and showing them the risk of kissing baby. And tell them doctor also said no.

Read more

Not at all! I and my husband didnt even kiss the baby in hands, face and head so NO ONE can kiss. Let them wait until the baby is big enough.. lets save our self from danger is better i guess. #SafetyFirst

I didn't kiss my baby until she was 3 months old. When my in laws kissed her, I strictly said no kissing, read it on the internet, case closed. lol

TapFluencer

😬 i kiss & allow... usually just close relatives anyway