Making Formula Milk

When e bottle said for 60ml of boiled water add 1 scoop of milk powder, does it means i add 30ml of hot water first and 30ml of room temp water followed by 1 scoop of milk powder? Or Do i add 60ml of hot water straight away followed by 1 scoop of milk powder and run under tap water to cool down e milk?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Boiled water means it’s been boiled previously and has already cooled down. That means no water straight from the tap. They usually recommend the water temp to be less than 40 degrees celsius, especially if the formula contains probiotics. What you can do is to boil water then store it in a clean jug (covered up) after it’s cooled down to room temperature, then use that water to make the formula milk when you need:)

Read more
VIP Member

Every night before I go to bed, I will prepare few bottles filled with boiled water (can be warm or cool) then put one of those bottle into warmer. This save lot energy as i can use straight when I need it without hassle of mixing and testing water temperature especially in the midnight. To make the milk making process easier, I also prepare the milk powder in milk powder dispenser.

Read more
4y ago

Omg I did exactly the same thing! Truly a life saver our bottle warmers

I will usually mix 60ml of cold (boiled) & hot water. Test it first-either by sipping or pour it on my hand to make sure the temperature is alright than I add in the milk powder. It will dissolve easily.

I pour 10 ml of hot water (depending on how hot your water is) and the rest boiled room temp water then add milk powder. If you pour all hot water it will be too hot for your baby's tongue.

VIP Member

Boil water and let it cool down in a covered jug. If water is too hot, it might kill the probiotics and other nutrients in the FM and might scald your LO’s tongue.

Super Mum

Formula in the tin are not sterile so it's ok to use warm water (boiled water left to cool slightly or hot + room temp), but not hot water only.

Super Mum

Water in the bottle first. For eg 60ml of water then add 2 scoops of powder. Shake the bottle and test on your hand. Not too hot

Boiled water and allow it to cool it down before pouring it in a thermal flask for later use.

how many tap you will waste to make the hot water become warm/drinkable?

VIP Member

I usually put 20ml hot water + 40ml room temperature water