When do you think you will start planning for number 2?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's depend on the parents themselves, see if they are ready or not. I seen many parents just rush into it, and end up divorce after 2nd kids. I have seen many parents not ready for no2, and the mother don't have help from husband, end up depression, or being unhappy and many complains, end up the kids is suffering instead. When both the parents are ready for no2 and can give ur full attention to 2 kids without making them feeling isolated, and you know you can cope with the terrible 2 or 3 while having no1, and won't affect your feelings or emotion that much, and know you and your husband are not having any problems that will cause you to divorce after no2 or quarrel or make ur relationship worst, it's the best time! Some people have no2, but the family is going to break apart soon, than what the point having no2 when the family is going to break apart. It's doesnt bring anything good to no1 nor no2. Financial part is a very individual problem, some can survive well with the average income with 2 kids without much problems, while some can't even survive with average income*2, end up having to stingy baby health and food, (seeing pd is exp, that why ppl always ask whether is there a need to see a doc instead of just going straight to the doc), result in the baby growing not with the fullest. I mean many can spend on themselves but just sting towards the kids. Just my 2 cents thought.

Read more

I guess, as the doctors keep advising that there should be three years gaps between the two kids is an ideal thing to have. Your body also becomes ready after the first kid. After the first kid, you go through so much of physical fatigue that emotionally and mentally you get prepared if there is a sufficient gap. I have two kids, and they have a gap of three years. http://talkitover.in/parenting/mind-the-gap-what-is-the-ideal-age-difference-between-children

Read more

My colleague decided to not waste effort losing weight and had number 2 shortly after number 1. Her children is less than 12 months apart. I think it really depends on when you think your family is ready for an expansion. ;)

wow..that was long ago..hehe The day we lan on our 2nd is the day my boy in Nursery he was all alone and me and hubby says why don we try another so he can have company..then follow by 3rd and 4th..hehe now no more too old for me..hehe

Read more

i will prefer a 2 or 3 years gap. they can be playmates during their childhood journey and the older one can be more prepared to understand the arrival of his sibling.

Between 2 kids keep a gap of 2/3 yrs...that way your body will heal and u will give time to ur first kid and prepare him for welcoming the second....

VIP Member

Woah - tough question to answer - I personally plan to have a minimum 3 year gap. I do not think I can handle having two "babies" at the same time.

VIP Member

Ideally, I would want to let my body rest for 18 months as suggested by doctors. A minimum age gap of 1 year would be nice.

VIP Member

I would say that letting my body to rest. Once its ready will go for it. Looking at estimation 2 or 3 yrs.

When your body is ready and you feel like having alot of free time...:)