When do you start or let your child use baby powder?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I'm not intending to let my child use baby powder at all. Instead, I prefer lotion powder, which is applied as a lotion soothes like powder. If you're intending to use baby powder, try Gaia's talc free baby powder. Also, squeeze out the powder into your palm before applying it on your baby's torso instead of applying it directly. It could be dangerous if your baby breathes in powder particles as it may enter your baby's respiratory system. http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=73260&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10051

Read more

Hey, I would suggest do not use powder at all, since powder when sprayed its particles may get inhaled by the kids and it may cause asthma or can cause irritation. Please read this article and you can find in detail that powder is not advisable to be used. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/23/should-i-stop-using-talcum-powder

Read more

I would advice to apply lotion instead of powder. It would be better for your baby's skin, baby's skin needs moisture. While powder will cause the skin to be dry. Powder is also researched that it may be bad for their respiratory system.

Read more

Some research has shown that baby powders may cause lung problems because of the small particles in them. You might want to consider lotion powder instead. Its as effective as baby powder but only in liquid form. Kodomo has this product.

I don't have plans of letting my babies use baby powder for now. Maybe when they are in elementary na kasi madami na silang activities by then sa school and I'm sure pawisan sila lagi.

If ever I'll use baby powder on my daughter, I'd say 5 years old when she's physically superactive to avoid foul body odor.

I nv use powder ,I use lotion.. cos lotion can moisturizer the skin and powder will cause dryness to skin

It is not advisable to use baby powder, you may switch to lotion

I did not use baby powder at all for my daughter and son.

thanks